Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Team:
Revenue at Rent the Runway is a high visibility, fast-paced, strategic team within the Consumer Org responsible for setting the revenue goals & key business metrics for the company. We are stewards of creating & growing a successful, revenue generating, scalable business. We are tasked with monitoring performance & unlocking new opportunities to hit goals & drive growth. We partner closely with cross-functional teams such as Marketing & Product to influence roadmaps & strategies & to ensure impactful execution of revenue initiatives.
About the Job:
Rent the Runway is looking for a Senior Manager to lead digital merchandising & personalization across the user experience. You should be a self-starter with immense curiosity & strong analytical skills as well as an interest and/or background in e-commerce & direct-to-consumer sales. This is an ideal role for someone who wants to work as a high-impact individual contributor in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, & data conscious environment. In this role, you are directly contributing to the companys success by identifying, crafting, & analyzing solutions to our site experience across site merchandising, personalization, product discovery, & revenue. Your work will help ensure that Rent the Runways shopping experience reinforces inventory selection as our competitive advantage & value proposition of an endless closet that can save you time getting dressed.
What Youll Do:
- Develop & own a cohesive digital merchandising experience that establishes the right balance between data & curation to drive engagement, loyalty, & conversion
- Establish metrics of success & monitoring across user experience for personalization, site merchandising & product discovery
- Identify technical gaps in site experience today & build roadmap & vision for ideal experience in partnership with engineering & machine learning
- Ensure the appropriate data is collected & tools are built to support the merchandising & personalization teams to operate efficiently, serve as business stakeholder with machine learning team
- Build & run tests on navigation, filters, home page placements, grids & carousels to improve conversion & retention
- Build & forge strong connections with Data/Analytics, Marketing, Fashion, & Product functions within RTR to be a driver & executor of strategies within the Revenue today & broader cross functional consumer organization
- 7+ years work experience, with preference for ecommerce, consumer tech companies, or fashion brands /retailers with online revenue business
- Experience working with machine learning teams & personalization algorithms
- Experience working with CMS
- Ability to run independent analyses & access data via looker to perform those analyses
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Looker and/or Tableau
- You have excellent interpersonal, listening, & communication skills - you can use verbal & written communication to express ideas clearly, & succinctly, including slide composition.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - our corporate employees have the option to work remotely 3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you & if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy & applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $134,400 to $168,000. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held. This position is also eligible for equity compensation.