Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, & team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in San Francisco, Denver, & New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Do you have a passion to create & optimize experiences that help build a sustainable growth loop of long-term engaged users? Are you obsessed with creating clear & simple experiences that delight users & make their lives easier? Do you live & breathe data? Do you work at the intersection of interaction design, visual design, customer empathy, business strategy, & product thinking? If so, you may be a great fit for the Senior Product Designer, Growth position at Gusto.
In this role, you have the unique opportunity to serve as the first Growth Designer dedicated to our Accountants segment. You will focus both on creating a seamless new customer onboarding experience, helping our Accountants & their clients quickly discover the value of Gusto.
You will help evolve Gustos Accountant segment into an opinionated partner that guides our customers to solutions which solve real needs, while driving toward substantial business growth.
Heres what youll do day-to-day:
- Develop the vision for the Accountants segment end-to-end customer journey which spans from the top of funnel, into onboarding, through to adding all Accountants Clients onto Gustos platform
- Translate quantitative data & qualitative insights into hypotheses & informed design decisions
- Define & execute A/B tests & multivariate experiment designs as part of a wide range of strategic tactics for getting people more engaged with our products across customer journeys
- Lean into service design techniques to work cross-functionally with product management, engineering, marketing, customer success, & sales to develop priorities & drive toward key KPIs
- Go beyond best practices & think outside of the box when it comes to growth design strategies
- Mentor designers & cross-functional partners in how best to approach problems, moving quickly & driving high quality & impactful outcomes
- Cultivate a creative design process that is built on inclusion & strong cross-functional collaboration
- Use brand guidelines effectively to create experiences that build our brand & achieve business goals
Heres what we're looking for:
- Strong expertise across business strategy, product thinking, interaction, visual design, & customer empathy
- Strong analytical skills, data-driven thinking, evidence of a hypothesis-driven design approach, & focus on the business impact of the designs you ship
- A pro at using quantitative & qualitative methods to develop a deep understanding of target audiences & user behavior
- Strategic thinker who has experience working across the entire customer journey
- Strong communicator, collaborator, & advocator
- Service design experience and/or understanding of how use service design techniques to maximize cross-functional customer & business impact
- Ability to work at different altitudes; strategic visualizations in support of long-term design goals to detailed user flows & design specs
- Expert in combining typography, layout, color, & modern user interaction patterns into strong visual communication
- Systems thinker & an eye for process improvement a plus
- Passion for Gustos mission & the impact we can have on the world
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $127,000/yr - $174,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, & $154,000/yr - $212,000/yr for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience & expertise & may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life & so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values & our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.