As Economics Principal, you will play an integral role in formulating Vias global marketplace strategy as we push on achieving profitability & growth objectives. You will lead a team to efficiently operate our real-time service & to push strategic initiatives. You will improve operational processes, design financial analyses, & work with our R&D team on next-gen product features. You will collaborate with a top-notch, global multidisciplinary team to brainstorm & analyze solutions to ensure our service runs flawlessly.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Own & balance unit-economics, quality of service, & growth KPIs
- Lead a team in managing real-time operations & prioritizing highest impact projects
- Assess the economic impact of current operational decision-making & initiatives
- Improve financial models, data tools, & reporting processes used to evaluate critical data & inform data-driven decisions
- Generate & implement creative ideas for Vias driver platform to optimize profitability & performance
- Work cross-functionally with marketplace, strategic finance, data science, product, engineering, driver growth, & rider experience teams globally as well as Vias senior management
- Roll up your sleeves & get stuff done - no one will be counted on to execute faster or better
- Efficient, organized & independent; youre a proactive self-starter who is able to effectively juggle multiple projects in a highly fluid work environment
- Problem solver; you dont accept the status quo & are always looking for creative solutions
- A strong executor, you get the job done while keeping the big picture firmly in mind
- Strong analytical & communication skills. Exceptional Excel & data synthesis skills with a knack for robust simplicity (Tableau & SQL experience a plus, but not required)
- A leader & a team player; no task is ever too small & you always motivate those around you with a great attitude
- 4+ years of work experience in investment banking, private equity, or consulting at a top-tier firm or in operations at a highgrowth startup or established tech company
- Have a Bachelors Degree from a top-tier university (MBA strongly preferred) & a record of exceptional academic achievement
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. Were building revolutionary technology thats changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation thats friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the worlds biggest cities & is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. Weve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, & were growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries & deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If youre someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, & loves getting things done, wed love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages & benefits, including equity, health insurance, & relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.