Expanse helps IT operations & security teams discover, manage, & secure all of their global internet assets. Current Expanse customers comprise more than 10 percent of the routable internet & they use the company's platform to monitor for real-time changes to their infrastructure. Using leading-edge collection & analysis technology, Expanse improves organizations' visibility, governance, & IT operations, reducing risk associated with internet-connected assets & enabling a secure digital transformation. Founded in 2012, Expanse is headquartered in San Francisco & is now backed by more than $135M in funding.
At Expanse, we believe that making the internet a safer place for our customers matters, & this team is right at the forefront of that mission.
As a member of our DevOps team, you will be responsible for bridging the gap between development, operations, & infrastructure. You will partner with the engineering team to deliver high-quality code backed by services such
DevOps at Expanse powers our business by building a great platform & enabling rapid product delivery across the organization. We work alongside Development on every project. We design. We code. We deliver. And we have fun while doing it. If this sounds interesting to you then contact us. We want to learn more about you.
What Youll Do
- Work with the development team to configure, support, & improve the infrastructure of our Big Data platform.
- Be the primary owner of our cloud infrastructure.
- Be the primary owner of our Jenkins infrastructure used for Continuous Delivery.
- Be the primary owner of our Prometheus-based monitoring infrastructure.
- Be the primary owner of our configuration management infrastructure.
- Participate in the DevOpsAgile Iteration/ Scrum Sprint process.
- Practice an "infrastructure as code" approach to system management.
- Drive continuous process feedback improvement.
- Participate in on-call rotation,respond to alerts, troubleshoot & resolve problems.
- Expert in at least one Public Cloud (AWS or GCP or Azure).
- Proficiency with configuration management software such as Ansible (preferred), Chef or Salt.
- Proficiency operating large distributed datastore systems like ElasticSearch & RDBMS such as Postgres (if you have experience with HBase or Cassandra on the NoSQL side or another RDBMS like MySQL, that's good too).
- Proficiency with metrics based autoscaling of Infrastructure to meet demand.
- Experience with monitoring large infrastructures using tools such as Prometheus or Grafana.
- Experience with Jenkins administration (or similar).
- Experience with distributed Linux systems administration.
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform or CloudFormation).
- Solid understanding of networking concepts & troubleshooting.
- Proficiency in scripting using Bash, Python.
- Experience working with developers, using configuration management to deploy new services.
- Experience with message queueing systems like Kafka or RabbitMQ.
- Experience managing Docker containers; Kubernetes is a plus.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 100% coverage of employee healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision).
- 60% coverage for dependent healthcare benefits.
- Flexible PTO + 8 company holidays.
- Company sponsored parental leave.
- 401k Plan.
- Opportunities for professional development to attend conferences, classes, & workshops.
- $75 every quarter as discretionary team building stipend.
- $50 every month in cell phone reimbursement.
- $65 every month for your wellness to cover costs of gyms, courses & other activities.
- $300, one time, to customize your desk space.
- Pre-tax commuter, HSA, & FSA benefits.
- Stocked kitchen + lunch stipend.
- Company-wide events including team building, holiday party, & offsites.
Refer a Friend
- Send your most talented friends our way. If we hire one, you'll get $1,000 even if you're not an Expanse employee. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
Expanse is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.