We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking an Engineering Manager to join our team.
Our Engineering team develops digital experiences to transform ideas into products that form delightful human connections. We build & support the technologies that power the digital side of our business, from our customer facing website to order fulfillment.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate will be a highly technical, thoughtful people manager who will work closely with Digital Product & UX to create & ship scalable product experiences. You will report to the Director, Application Engineering & be based in our Soho office.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position.
What youll do:
- Manage a remote team of software engineers
- Plan, strategize, execute, & own overall success of complex technical projects
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX, & Project Management teams to design & develop customer facing digital experiences, APIs, & backend systems
- Recruiting & career development of team members
- Be a technical leader & contributor to projects, including coding, code reviews, & architectural discussions
- Help iterate on our software development & agile processes
Who you are:
- 5+ years of professional programming experience
- 2+ year of technical leadership & people management experience
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages
- Experience with Azure, AWS, Heroku, or similar IaaS or PaaS providers
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have four weeks of PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer 401(k) match, insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, generous & inclusive parental leave, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, & a kitchen stocked with snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups & inclusion training, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with your new coworkers. We have weekly team lunches & regular happy hours. We also organize monthly opportunities to give back to our local communities.
We are on-boarding & working remotely until it is safe to return to office in 2021. Our office is currently open three days a week, Tuesday-Friday, for those who prefer an office space or for roles that require time physically onsite.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture & a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.