Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating products that you & your peers would love.
We are looking for an experienced DNS & infrastructure engineer who has experience in designing, implementing, & deploying enterprise-scale DNS infrastructure. The right candidate should be able to work cross functionally across engineering & infrastructure teams to collaboratively build cohesive solutions, proactively identify & resolve issues independently. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Engineer will participate & lead the design, development & deployment of new services & maintain existing infrastructure & products.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Support existing DNS services & contribute creative solutions to the pain points.
- Participate in the on-call rotation & share in normal operational responsibilities
- Improve tooling & processes for managing our global high-traffic DNS infrastructures
- Collaborate with other teams across the company to evolve the DNS infrastructure for scaling & features.
- Participate & lead the design & implementation of architectural changes & new features
- Consult with teams within the organization to share DNS expertise & assist with supporting their DNS requirements
What We'll Expect From You:
- Significant experience with DNS server software (e.g. BIND, PowerDNS, CoreDNS, Unbound)
- Familiarity with DNS architecture both authoritative & recursive
- Experience with monitoring & metrics collection challenges, & diagnosis & mitigation of operational issues of larger-scale DNS infrastructures
- Experience with automation frameworks (e.g. Chef, Ansible, Salt)
- Experience with Linux system administration, including firewall configuration, network setup & basic performance tuning
- Familiarity with the use of anycast in scaling DNS
- Bonus: Experience with MySQL
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
**This position may be done in NYC or Remote (but not in CO due to local CO job posting requirements)
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!