Hi, we're Oscar. We are looking for a Senior Manager, FP&A who will lead our Individual & Family Plan (IFP) FP&A function within the Insurance Financial Management team in our NYC office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
We brought together leaders from top technology, service & healthcare companies to deliver on our promise & seize this opportunity. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, & creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
About This Role:
Key responsibilities of the role include supporting all aspects of financial planning for our IFP business lines. This team interfaces with key business leaders & collaborates with cross functional teams, including Corporate FP&A, Actuarial, Strategic Finance, & more. This position reports to the Senior Director of Insurance Financial Management.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Lead efforts on IFP financial planning & performance management including annual & ad-hoc budget processes.
- Perform financial analysis including variance analysis, forecasting, risk assessments & zero based budget planning for the business.
- Evaluate & analyze monthly & quarterly financial results relative to budget & other benchmark data including providing commentary for management reviews.
- Generate ad hoc analysis as required to support the business including trend analysis, profitability initiatives across various insurance departments & outlier identification including explanations.
- Partner with our IFP Insurance Business, Finance, Actuarial, Medical Cost Management, Data Science & key Functional teams to drive best-in-class financial results including performance management.
- Provide recommendations to achieve financial goals & long-term targets.
- Build strong relationships within the organization including Regional P&L, Regional Medical Directors / Clinical Operations, Finance, Actuary, & Data
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of finance experience including FP&A experience.
- Experience in the Managed Care industry
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Strong presentation, verbal & written communication skills
- Strong cross-functional leader able to build relationships with internal stakeholders
- Well-organized, data-driven, & comfortable managing multiple projects.
- Entrepreneurial mindset & ability to innovate improvements to current processes
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.