Job purpose: The Senior Facilities Manager will oversee the day to day facility operations & personnel to ensure a functioning & safe office environment. Collaborates with other team members on driving & supporting Appian initiatives, coordination & implementation of renovations, improvements & other facilities related projects.
Key accountabilities & decision ownership:
- Ensures building equipment & interiors continuously function or operate efficiently, effectively & safely through coordination of timely cleaning, repairs & maintenance; with 24-hour on call availability & contact for after hours emergencies.
- Manage cross -functional teams including close coordination with Security, IT, & HR on behalf of shared internal client
- Implements, oversees, & directs facility projects relative to employee relocation's, furniture installations & re-configurations & new construction.
- Responsible for the management of a physical workstation/office-numbering system, database, floor plans & seating charts.
- Review & recommendation of purchases of office equipment & supplies & controls facility inventory, services. Ensure timely response to internal work order system.
- Performs as a member of the Safety committee & emergency building contact. Oversees the implementation of the safety & security plan, training programs & drills.
- Oversees & maintains security & ID access card system & instructs employees on security protocols. Responsible for accurate & timely metrics & reporting
- Management of Facilities team with accountability & oversight of their responsibilities. Gives strategic direction associated with facilities management & ensures applicable consistency across the real estate portfolio.
- Develop, execute & optimize processes & procedures in a controlled, well-managed & efficient manner to enhance portfolio services & expenditures.
- Develop & manage annual Capital budgets.
- Review & negotiation of applicable facilities vendors & contractors
Skills, know-how & experience:
- 10+ years of related experience in facilities maintenance, modular furniture systems, & project management
- Ability to work independently with no on site supervision
- Knowledge of building systems & maintenance protocols; ability to use hand/power tools
- Must be able to remain calm, pleasant, & professional while experiencing frequent interruptions; must work well under pressure
- Ability to prioritize work & multi-task to meet multiple deadlines effectively.
- May require occasional domestic travel
- Job includes lifting, moving equipment & limited outdoor duties
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Good Communication Skills
- Exceptional Organisation Skills
- Ability to Maintain Strict Confidentiality
- Ability to Prioritize Effectively
Technical / professional qualifications:
- Must have experience working with MS Office & Google Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, & Outlook)
- Ability to read & understand blueprints
- AutoCad experience a plus
Appian Corporation is anequalopportunity/affirmative actionemployer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration foremploymentwithout regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker,Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.