Brex is building the new global standard for financial services, starting with corporate cards. We are designing the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features & a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms & industry veterans such as Peter Thiel & Max Levchin, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, & were looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board.
The Data Platform team builds the infrastructure powering Brexs underwriting & fraud models, as well as the tooling we use to make our data accessible to decision-makers through the company. Based in San Francisco, our team is committed to creating a driven & diverse company with ambitious people from wide-ranging backgrounds.
We are looking for people with a strong background in either data infrastructure and/or building data systems. You should have some experience or interest in systems architecture. You should be excellent cross-functionally, have a head for strategy & have a history of taking high-visibility projects across the finish line. Most importantly, you should be enthusiastic about working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, & needs.
- Drive & execute the data platform strategy of Brex.
- Build & promote a strong data-informed culture throughout the company.
- Work cross-functionally with data scientists & operations specialists to provide the infrastructure & tools to ship models from inception to production.
- Ensure we strike the right balance between providing access to data to decision-makers across the company while safeguarding our customers privacy & security.
- Build a world-class team of data engineers from diverse backgrounds.
- Empower the team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability, & simplicity.
What We Value:
- Having a track record of building & leading successful teams in a branch of software engineering, preferably in an area related to data or infrastructure.
- History of delivering high impact projects with stringent product requirements
- Experience working in a high-growth environment, recruiting extraordinary people from different backgrounds.
- A deep sense of ownership of an entire problem-space, from software design to execution & maintenance.
- Ability to flourish with an increased level of autonomy & responsibility.
- Excellent communication & effective teamwork with engineers, product managers, business stakeholders, & finance teams.
- Pride in working on projects to successful completion, involving a wide variety of technologies, systems & modeling techniques.
- Holding yourself & others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Thriving in a collaborative environment, filled with a diverse group of people with different expertise & backgrounds (we currently have around 30 nationalities represented, with more than the company working in a country different from the one they grew up in).
Data at Brex:
- We work in an environment where it matters to make the right design decisions the first time, & as a result, take on less technical debt than other companies.
- Product is a highly collaborative initiative across multiple teams. Data engineers are expected to understand the business & have input towards our long term vision.
- We believe in two equal track career growths between senior individual contributors & managers. We want people to contribute where they feel most impactful.
- We believe in small, accountable & autonomous teams of amazing people, eager to learn, teach & constantly improve our way of working.
- People have a strong sense of ownership & accountability for what theyre building. What we build today will be the foundation for dozens of other systems in the future.
- We are very frank on discussing technical matters. If one disagrees with how things are being done, we encourage them to speak up & help us get to the truth faster.
Does Brex sound like home? We'd love to meet you! Please share with us details of what you've worked on & what matters to you (personally & from a technical standpoint). Don't worry too much about your resum. Be genuine, not official.