What is Cat Person?
Cat Person is a new DTC (direct-to-consumer) brand shaking up the $75B pet industry by bringing respect, love & innovation to a long overlooked & underserved category: cat care. We started Cat Person because we saw a real need: thoughtfully designed food & goods made just for cats & the people who love them.
Launched in March 2020, & born out of Harrys Labs, the innovation arm of Harry's, Cat Person offers a line of essentials to help cat parents better care for their cats, including food, treats, furniture & toys. A design-forward brand, we consider both the cats & the cat persons needs in everything we make & do. Its all part of our mission: to make life with cats even more awesome than it already is.
Though small, our vision is grand. We arent just here to revolutionize cat care for the millions of cat parents in the US; were redefining what it means to be a cat person in culture today. Every role at Cat Person plays a part in redefining cat persons for the modern era.
About the Role
The Head of Growth will be responsible for developing & executing our growth strategy, encompassing both customer acquisition & retention marketing. You will help build & drive efficiency & effectiveness of the customer funnel by setting the roadmap & through constant testing. This will require you to collaborate cross-functionally with Digital Product, Marketing & Creative teams to identify & execute on opportunities to drive growth. Additionally, you will own setting key performance targets (CAC, Retention, LTV), forecasting & reporting on results.
This is a unique opportunity to join at the earliest stages & have a significant role in building a company from the ground up & shaping the direction & success of the business. Since the team will be small initially, you must be both a strategic leader & someone that loves to get their hands dirty. This role will report to the CEO.
Who you are:
- 7+ years of experience in eCommerce, with a deep focus on performance-based growth marketing.
- Experience working across the full DTC marketing funnel (customer acquisition, conversion & engagement) & across the marketing mix (including online & offline channels, with experience in Paid Social, SEM, Display, & Affiliates highly preferred).
- A background in owning & managing a budget, forecasting, & delivering on monthly goals of spend, CAC, ROAS, Retention & LTV.
- Both a strong strategic thinker, with the ability to translate quantitative & qualitative data/insights into strong marketing strategies, & a highly organized doer, with a data-driven mentality & a bias towards action.
- Top-notch analytical skills with a proven ability to work through data to find opportunities & actionable insights that are not readily apparent & clearly communicate them to a diverse set of stakeholders in a way they will understand.
- Proven ability to leverage multiple data sources to develop hypotheses & execute rapid test & learn strategies.
- Deep expertise of ad/web/email reporting & analytics platforms, such as Google AdWords, Facebook, Google Analytics, Optimizely, etc.
- Experienced with channel testing methodology, lifecycle marketing programs & multiple attribution models.
- Strong track record of effective collaboration with creative/brand marketing & product management teams.
- Experience building, leading, & managing a team of direct reports.
- Experience in a growth-stage company highly preferred.
What you will accomplish:
- Own growth marketing strategy & inform our customer-facing experience across acquisition & retention.
- Own achievement of weekly & monthly KPIs, including new customer acquisition, CAC, retention, LTV/payback.
- Lead day-to-day management of growth agency partner in key online channels (i.e., Paid Social, SEM, Display). Longer term, build an internal team that will drive paid acquisition channels, including the planning & execution of paid campaigns across online & offline channels & expansion into new acquisition channels (i.e., podcasts, direct mail, etc.).
- Design & implement optimization tests across our end-to-end customer funnel (from acquisition through lifecycle retention).
- Develop & drive lifecycle retention programs, including transactional messaging, trigger programs & large-scale campaigns.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Product, Creative) to develop advertising assets, landing pages, emails, & reporting needed to manage programs.
- Own management & results of ad channels, including budgeting, reporting, & efficiency optimization.
- Collaborate with functional partners to forecast & plan company revenue growth.
- Hire, manage, & develop a team of driven, highly engaged individuals to manage marketing channels.
About Cat Person:
Cat Person is a new brand committed to strengthening the relationship between cats & cat persons by delivering cat care essentials - including food, treats & products - that are specially made for the unique needs of cats, & thoughtfully designed for their people. By putting modern feline lovers at the center of their research, design, & marketing processes, Cat Person is prioritizing the unmet needs of this fragmented, $75 billion pet market & flipping the script on the stereotype about cat owners. The company was founded by a small team of passionate cat people & launched in March 2020. Today, it is part of the Harry's family of brands.
Cat Person & Harrys are committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Cat Person is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Cat Persons commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.