Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
As the Front Office Coordinator, this role is the first point of contact for anyone arriving at our Mailchimp office. Handling the flow of guests & employees through the reception area in a professional & welcoming way, ensuring that all office supply needs are met, & running all front desk tasks with efficiency & proactiveness are key expectations for this role. As the front-line-employee, your role will be extremely important for improving customer experience & satisfaction. Your goal should always be to make our guests & employees alike feel comfortable & satisfied while in our office.
Our ideal candidate is customer-service oriented & goes above & beyond with any request or task given to them. Creating an experience at a world-class level for our internal & external customers is top of mind. They should have excellent communication skills & a good balance of confidence & humility. A strong work ethic, ability to be simultaneously detailed & fast, organizational prowess, curiosity, & willingness to learn are key. They are an engaging, welcoming individual who is able to juggle multiple situations & tasks with a smile, putting hospitality at the forefront of their every day. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
- Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, & directing them appropriately through Mailchimps sign-in process, & assisting them as needed & partnering with other Reception Coordinators
- Keeps a clean & organized front desk & reception area
- Assists heavily in maintaining a secure & safe workplace by enforcing security procedures & consistent monitoring of entrance area
- Inventory, manage, order & stock office supplies for the mailroom & assist in ordering company wide shipments of supplies
- Responsible for business related faxing/scanning
- General administrative duties as needed
- Assist Office Management team members with scheduled activities (i.e. catering, deliveries, etc..)
- Receives & sorts mail daily, receives & signs for shipments, & courier management
- Responsible for shipping all outgoing business related packages & letters both domestically & internationally
- Manages parking validations & access badge inventory, working proactively with Facilities Team to ensure both are on hand when needed
- Supports continuity & consistency in service from the front desk by documenting, creating, & keeping any relevant policies/procedures/manuals at the front desk up to date
- Contributes to the effectiveness of the Office Management team by accomplishing related projects & tasks as needed
- 2+ years relevant experience in a receptionist role or similar client-focused position.
- Passion for being the first contact point of the Mailchimp office space experience
- Demonstrate confidence, professionalism, responsiveness & exceptional customer service skills.
- Solutions-focused individual who is always looking for opportunities to improve the organization & solve problems.
- An excellent communicator who seeks first to understand, then to be understood.
- Able to handle multiple initiatives while meeting all deadlines.
- Strong team player. Collaborates well with other team members.
- Ability to be resourceful, flexible & proactive in dealing with any issues that may arise.
- Takes initiative with an incredible attention to detail.
- Prioritizes tasks & meets deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well with others in all capacities within the company
- Effective verbal & written communication skills
- Thinks ahead, minimizing potential problems. Proactive in identifying areas to improve.
- Communicates openly & directly. Adjusts communications to level of audience. Responds professionally & quickly.
- Highly-organized with the ability to solve problems, organize systems, & establish procedures.
- Schedule-oriented & calendar-driven
- Ability to navigate tasks involving sensitive information
- Proficient Mac or PC skills to include Google Suite
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Brooklyn & are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight & views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade & within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F & R lines).
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), & generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.