We are looking for a talented Merchandising Analyst to join our Merchandising team & help us unlock powerful insights & drive growth through impactful & innovative use of data.
As our ideal candidate, you're a bright & self-motivated professional who is passionate about numbers as well as the visualization of information. You are customer-focused, proactive, & data-driven. You have a knack for spotting patterns in data that can substantiate informed decisions. You see the big picture but pay close attention to detail. You have experience with using data to drive merchandising decisions & working with various stakeholders & cross-functional teams. You have a deep knowledge of Google Analytics & Looker, & a natural flair for telling a compelling story with data.
What you'll do
- Build on & optimize the Merchandising teams weekly, monthly, & quarterly reporting framework
- Run weekly, monthly, & quarterly reporting to evaluate product & category trends & analyze market data to assist in merchandising decision making
- Own & lead analytics projects for strategic cross-functional projects & areas of growth
- Gather performance data on past merchandising campaigns to identify strengths, weaknesses, & opportunities
- Monitor & identify areas of opportunity in supply & coordinate with supply teams to address these opportunities
- See both supply (seller) & demand (buyer) sides of the marketplace to be able to take learnings from one side to help optimize the other
- Assist with other ad hoc projects assigned by management
What you'll bring
- Bachelors in a quantitative field, data science or business analytics
- 4-5 years of relevant experience in Analytics, eCommerce, and/or Merchandising
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Excel & comfort building analytical models
- Familiarity with web analytics tools, such as Google Analytics
- Ability to communicate & present data & insights clearly
- Ability to work individually, as part of a team & cross-functionally
- Experience working with Google productivity tools, including Docs, Spreadsheets, Gmail, & Calendar & MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Attention to detail & strong organizational skills. Exceptional time management & problem solving skills
- Knowledge of the luxury design market & experience in merchandising analytics is a plus!
1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.