BetterCloud is the first SaaS Application Management & Security Platform, enabling IT to centralize, orchestrate, & operationalize day-to-day administration & control for SaaS applications. Every day, thousands of customers rely on BetterCloud to centralize data & controls, surface operational intelligence, enforce complex security policies, & delegate custom administrator privileges across SaaS applications.
The Cloud Security Engineer will work to protect the confidentiality, integrity & availability of BetterCloud's leading cloud management & security solutions. This position will focus on implementing, operating, & supporting security solutions designed to defend BetterClouds customers, information, products, systems, & applications from modern cyber threats & other suspicious activity, & do so in a cloud-native, microservices architecture.
- Minimum 3 years overall experience in security or systems engineering, DevOps, application development or related technical roles.
- Minimum 2 years experience designing & implementing security into public cloud infrastructures (e.g., GCP, Azure, AWS).
- Command of at least one programming or scripting language, (e.g.,: Java, Python, Bash).
- Command of the Linux operating system.
- Working knowledge of DevOps & CI/CD processes & technologies.
- Experience with container orchestration technologies (e.g.,: Docker Swarm, Kubernetes) preferred.
- Participate in the evaluation, design, & implementation of security solutions, such as vulnerability assessment & remediation, intrusion detection & prevention, data loss prevention (DLP), & security information & event management (SIEM) solutions.
- Operate & maintain our security technologies to ensure they function as designed, including web application firewalls, internal encryption of data at rest & in transit, infrastructure cloud security technologies, DLP, SIEM, & other solutions.
- Create effective code & scripts to automate & orchestrate processes, both in the deployment & configuration management of security controls as well as in the incident response process.
- Create effective code & scripts to:
- automate application security & security operations processes
- integrate with deployment & configuration management tools
- Review code for security vulnerabilities.
- Assist in the collection, monitoring, & analysis of security event logs.
- Assist in reviewing alerts & performing security investigations.
- Participate in building & maturing security operations & incident response capabilities.
- Collaborate with site reliability & product development engineering teams to plan & execute changes required to support security initiatives.
- Assist in attack & penetration testing activities targeting our products & services.
- Assist with the definition of internal security requirements & standards governing internally & externally-facing technologies or products.
- Assist in the coordination of third-party adversarial penetration testing engagements on our products & services.
- Improve security posture of SRE tooling & processes.
Compensation | Benefits
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock Options
- Career growth with an industry innovator
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled & vets.