Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldnt have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling & vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge $1 trillion in the US alone but the process is inefficient & largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses & make a living doing what theyre great at.
These customers & pros come from all walks of life & every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers & pros.
About the Sales & Success Operations Team
Thumbtacks Sales & Success Operations team is a tight-knit group charged with helping to drive revenue through the sales team & improving pro lifetime value through the success team, all at the best return on investment possible. We provide actionable insights to the sales & success teams & leadership, drive efficiencies in workflows & processes, & facilitate a smooth process for our pros to help them be successful on our platform. collaborate across a variety of teams--from operations analytics to product to engineering to support
About the Role
The Compensation Manager is responsible for leading sales & success compensation plan design aligned to company objectives. You are responsible for driving operating efficiencies around planning & compensation administration while managing the timely & accurate roll-out & monthly payout of comp plans to all plan participants. Key focuses of this role will be to develop forecasting models, set quotas, & run cost per sale analysis.
- Developing compensation plans that attract & retain great talent, drive the right behaviors, & align to the companys strategic objectives
- Build Sales & Success payback modeling including cost per sale analysis
- End-to-end sales crediting & commissions processing to ensure accurate payments & internal compliance with key controls
- Support the financial accrual process for monthly commission estimates
- Work with key business partners to implement processes, systems & tools to improve compensation administration, communication, & analysis
- Create monthly Sales & Success forecast v actual reporting & monitoring
- Ensure compliance with Enterprise contracts, billing, & rebates
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, & we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 5+ years experience supporting sales teams in creating, designing, & operationalizing sales compensation plans
- BA/BS degree -- preferably in accounting, finance, or business-related field
- Working knowledge of sales targeting / segmentation, sales staff sizing / alignment, sales analysis, & reporting
- Proficiency using SQL to query large datasets
- Comfort with adapting & adjusting to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, & rapid change
- Strong communicator with experience working across multiple levels of leadership
- Great attention to detail with the capability to appropriately define issues, questions, & data
- Experience creating, designing, & operationalizing Customer Success incentives plans
- Experience with Tableau
- Proficiency with Salesforce
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace one of the largest in the U.S. that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers & make a living doing what theyre great at.
Founded in 2008 & headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners & Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live & work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto & Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.