Analytics is one of the fastest growing teams at Betterment. We operate with a 360-degree view of the company, working closely with teams such as Engineering, Finance, Product, & Operations to partner & advise on creating the best experience for our users. Projects range from propensity modeling to creating beautiful dashboards that provide a pulse on the business to developing infrastructure that enables the entire Analytics team to answer key strategic questions.
The Analytics Engineering team sits at the intersection of Product Analytics, Business Intelligence, & Data Engineering - serving as the domain & technical experts that translate business needs into beautiful data products. We own data cleanliness end-to-end, from architecting & transforming raw data to self-service dashboarding to driving a Data Literacy program for business stakeholders. These projects add tremendous value to the business & we are looking for more thoughtful, driven, & curious people to push the business even further.
About the right team member:
Perhaps you're a Data Analyst who's always gravitated towards infrastructure or automation tools. Perhaps you're a Data Engineer who thrives on finding the nexus of your mad SQL skills & business domain expertise. Perhaps you love the translation of business requirements into truly elegant tables & dashboard designs. In this role, you'll have an opportunity to drive impact on a large scale by delivering trusted, transformed data that all of Analytics & the company will use to power product & business decisions.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Be a key curator of data. You will build & maintain the analytics layer of our teams data environment to make data standardized & easily accessible
- Create product launch playbooks so that we not only stay on top - but also ahead - of rapidly changing data, new product launches, & partnerships
- Maintain & performance tune our Redshift cluster. Investigate & refactor any expensive queries
- Work closely with Product & Engineering to ensure upstream product model changes integrate well with our data model; & when it doesnt build the necessary capabilities to adjust
- Craft analytics deliverables for stakeholders such as creating dashboards or conducting analysis
- Integrate & productionize analyst & data science models
- Improve the overall Analytics teams workflow through knowledge sharing & ensuring we have proper documentation for our data & tools
You will be effective if you have:
- 3-5 years of experience building data warehouses, pipelining, writing damn good SQL statements, & reviewing code
- Experience implementing/scaling self-service tools (e.g. Business Intelligence), are passionate about data visualization, & have a portfolio or examples to showcase it
- Ability to take apart business problems, translate them into technical requirements, & translate back to non-technical audiences
- Exposure to Airflow, Python, Hadoop/Hive, Looker, DBT and/or DAGs
- Passion for scaling & automating analytics work
- Strong opinions about the ideal toolset to enable a high-functioning Analytics team
- Autonomy, curiosity, & tenacity as a data issue detective
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $20 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 480,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws.We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.