Our international business is growing rapidly & we are seeking a Marketplace Trust Associate to join our US team, based in Wyboston, United Kingdom.
This is a cross-disciplinary position that requires exceptional judgment, well-developed critical thinking & communication skills, & the ability to excel in ambiguous & quickly changing situations. This position is designed for a new/recent graduate or post-graduate professional with 1-3 years work experience.
What youll do
- Review, respond to, & effectively negotiate customer disputes
- Serve as a point of escalation for front-line teams, including Support
- Interpret, & enforce 1stdibs policies for buyers, dealers, & internal 1stdibs teams
- Use exceptional judgement & intuition to mitigate financial & operational risk
- Develop & execute internal & external processes for responding to policy violations
- Contribute to the development of policies & features aimed at building marketplace trust for both buyers & dealers, directly impacting the success of 1stdibs
- Use internal tools & software to assess & analyze potentially fraudulent activity on incoming orders
- Investigate potential anti-money laundering activity
What youll bring
- 1-3 years professional work experience
- Experience and/or interest in risk management in e-commerce is a plus
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Web savvy with strong analytical & research skills
- Exceptional judgment & critical thinking skills
- Can set work priorities in ambiguous & rapidly changing situations
- Comfortable contributing to a collaborative team environment
- Experience with luxury goods is a plus
- BA/BS degree
1stDibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews & onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected & required to return physically to the Wyboston office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.