Associate Social Media Manager
We are looking to hire a passionate, creative, & detail-oriented Associate Social Media Manager to join our growing Audience Development team. Not only with this individual be responsible for helping develop & distribute social media content designed to engage readers, but youll also work cross-departmentally to ensure that company-wide initiatives are strategically supported on mindbodygreens social media channels.
- Write on-brand, platform-specific copy to drive engagement from our audience
- Actively engage with our community of over 4 million followers & expand social reach
- Work with Social Media Director to brainstorm & create original content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube & Flipboard (videos, illustrations, GIFs, infographics, etc.)
- Build targeted paid social campaigns for branded content to distribute across Facebook, Instagram, & other distribution social/native advertising platforms
- Work closely with our sales team & brand partners to produce high-quality, original sponsored content that feels organic to our social platforms
- Monitor the latest media, social trends & tools & come up with ways to incorporate these into mindbodygreens social strategy
- Devise compelling social distribution strategies as part of sponsored, editorial, or mindbodygreen events campaigns
- Analyze social channel performance weekly & perform competitive analysis to inform new strategic initiatives to implement & test accordingly
- Assist in developing strategic partnerships with publishers, influencers & other relevant partners to drive traffic and/or grow our email list
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field
- 1-3 years experience in social media, marketing or communications
- Strong copywriting skills
- Passionate about wellness, mindbodygreen & our mission
- Deeply interested in social media & the evolving digital media landscape
- Exceptionally strong multi-tasking skills
- Experience with all or any of the following platforms / programs is a big plus: Facebook Ad Manager, Buffer, Photoshop, Illustrator, Google Analytics, PubExchange, CrowdTangle, DojoMojo, Optimizely
In addition to your cover letter, please provide links to both your personal social media pages and any social accounts that youve worked on directly, plus responses to the following questions:
- Links to your social media pages and social accounts that youve worked on directly
- What are 1-3 strategies and/or pieces of social content youve seen in the health & wellness space (outside of mindbodygreen) that you think were particularly effective? Be sure to include a link or description to each, plus 1-2 sentences explaining what you liked about the content & whether or not you could see something similar working for mindbodygreen.
- Pick a recent post on mindbodygreen.com & create its corresponding social distribution strategy. Please include captions for Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, & Instagram, & pick an image that you would use on Instagram, as well.