Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform real estate. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
You are a senior developer who is passionate about creating a differentiated consumer experience & you feel it is critical that your voice is heard in product & business decisions. You love to learn, & equally love to share your knowledge with others. Youre both a listener & contributor. You are a great communicator & you take care to understand before making yourself understood.You love trying out new frameworks & libraries.
About the Role
On the Agent-Client Collaboration team, we build the pipeline that guides a customer from their initial home search all the way through to the listing they consider "the one". This pipeline includes hundreds of interactions, from minor nudges encouraging agents & clients to connect, to key events like attending a live-streamed tour of a home. Your role would be to lead this pipelines technical architecture, with a focus on web front-end.
At Compass You Will:
- Build, develop & scale the front end of our Agent/Client Collaboration tools that powers real estate agents, buyers & sellers
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology & products & an empathetic partner to our customers
- Inspire, recruit & mentor your engineering colleagues
- Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems & automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
What We Look For:
- Experience with Redux, ES6, NPM, webpack is a plus
- Can contribute best-practices & architectural leadership to our frontend applications
- In-depth experiencing leading & owning projects from beginning to end
- In-depth experience with with TDD & agile methodologies
- Experience collaborating closely with UX & Product Managers
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration & delivery is a plus
- Proven track record working in top talent & high performance environments
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent (job experience, bootcamps, etc)
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together & inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
Check out our Engineering blog!