Introduction to Demandbase:
The biggest & fastest-growing companies in the world rely on Demandbase to drive their account-based strategies & maximize B2B go-to-market performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, & today we lead the industry as an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. Demandbase offers the only end-to-end Account-Based Experience (ABX) solution that helps B2B companies find, engage, & close the accounts that matter most. Our success would not be possible without the driven & collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, were as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture, & the community around us. We have offices in the Bay Area, New York, & London, & allow employees to work remotely from anywhere in the US. We have also continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
Our success depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable & inclusive environment. We're committed to attracting, developing, retaining & promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we're increasingly capable of living out our mission & providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds & all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
About the Role:
You will work on an internal service with fewer consumers & more predictable usage, so experience with performance optimization & scaling arent as high a priority. Experience with Python is a must for scripting & migrations, but also to integrate the service into the existing Airflow pipelines.Strong preference given to candidates who have some experience with data engineering & data pipelines.
What were looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in functional or object oriented programming
- 2+ years of experience building robust & scalable services in Scala
- Able to write idiomatic Scala as well as easily understand existing code written in Scala
- Able to build, deploy & monitor a microservice from scratch.
- Able to write complex database queries in SQL.
- Experience with Postgres & any columnar database.
- Experience with Scala & Python.
- Experience with Scala development tools including testing libraries & SBT.
- Experience developing REST APIs using Scala frameworks like Play.
- Experience with Postgres or other relational OLTP databases.
- Experience with deploying services using Docker.
- Experience with AWS and/or GCP.
- Experience with workflow & job schedulers like Airflow.
- Any experience in Spark or ZIO would be an advantage.
What youll be doing:
- Build out all aspects relating to the Demandbase Data ecosystem & move products from R&D into production scale
- Build Dags in airflow for orchestration & monitoring of data pipelines.
- Dockerize apps for deployments to Kubernetes clusters
- Apply experience with cloud computing for data pipelines (AWS and/or GCP)
- Perform software design & development with Scala & Java
- Write clear documentation to convey plans & technical architecture
- Ensure all new & modified code & pipelines are tested & of the highest quality at delivery time
- Establish high reliability of all maintained product offerings by building reporting & monitoring mechanisms into our infrastructure
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental & Vision for you & your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy & 401K. Due to the COVID pandemic the Demandbase offices are closed for the foreseeable future. When the office reopens, we also offer commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, chair massages, weekly yoga & much more!
More About Demandbase:
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Experience (ABX) & an indispensable part of the B2B Go-to-Market tech stack. The company offers simply the best account-based platform to find, engage, & close the accounts that matter. The biggest & fastest-growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce, & others, rely on Demandbase to drive their ABX strategy & maximize their marketing performance. Demandbase has been named to the JMP Securities list The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies, the Deloitte Fast 500, & named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To-Market.
For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.