Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
We're looking for an experienced, results-driven Product Marketing expert to lead our Business Product Marketing team & work closely with Product, Engineering & Operations to develop & grow Compass suite of real estate productivity tools. You will be managing a team of Product Marketers across a number of product areas & will play a key role in driving product decisions & the successful growth & adoption of the Compass platform.
The successful candidate must have strong experience in business strategy & a demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams across the company to drive results. In this role, you will be expected to identify key market requirements/ opportunities, manage the strategic development of go-to-market plans & collaborate closely with growth PMM teams to drive adoption.
Your main stakeholders will be the Product Managers leading the development of our platform products & your team will be a key partner to make sure what we build is ready for market & a great solution for our agent community. Ideally, the candidate has experience managing people, empathy for consumers, a deep understanding on the business implications of product decisions & deep experience leading go-to-market strategies, preferably in real estate, tech, or business-to-business industries. This leader must thrive as a part of cross-functional teams, exhibit excellent analytical & communication skills, & have a strong bias for action. If you are passionate about solving business problems & thrive in a fast-paced environment, we'd be thrilled to meet you. This is a full-time position based in New York City & reports to the Director of Business Product Marketing.
At Compass You Will:
- Lead a team of Business PMMs in developing & leading GTM strategy across a variety of product areas.
- Lead the beta process in partnership with the PM & User Research team to drive a rigorous testing of our products with the customers & feed that back into the product development process.
- Partner with Product Management to lead market assessment, identify customer blockers across markets to understand & unlock product & growth opportunities
- Partner with Operations leaders to assess the business opportunities & identify ways that our products can provide efficiency & bandwidth for our Regional teams around the country.
- Oversee industry research for positioning & messaging around the product, including deep quantitative, qualitative & competitive analysis.
- Represent the requirements of our market/customers through quantitative & qualitative analysis internally with Product Management & Engineering
- Demonstrate thought-leadership & an understanding of the broader Compass ecosystem to develop product direction & positioning
- Plan & project manage timelines across multiple programs & betas simultaneously leading up to launch
- Partner with Growth Product Marketing to create positioning, messaging, & communication strategy, including sales-enablement materials, customer resources, press releases, etc.
- Define the success criteria & measure the impact of all Product Marketing efforts against stated corporate goals
- Constantly improve the efficiency of the existing PMM process through prioritization, team management & a bias towards action.
What We Look For:
- 5-7 years experience in a similar role, preferably at a B2B or B2B2C Saas company
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. Advanced degree in a quantitative field or an MBA preferred
- A proven leader & with a track record of exceptional people manager
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a willingness to operate at both highly strategic levels - to define customer problems / marketing / positioning of our products - & also at very tactical levels, such as launching a product to our internal teams or to customers in close collaboration with multiple business functions.
- Extremely high-level of planning, project management, & creating go-to-market plans that translate into measurable adoption results.
- Outstanding communication skills - written & verbal - with the ability to tailor messaging strategy for different audiences.
- Outstanding organizational, project management, people & communication skills, including strong writing abilities & proven experience communicating key value messages to a variety of audiences both internal & external to Compass.
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, multitask, & work independently in a dynamic, rapidly changing workplace
- Extensive experience with direct marketing & marketing automation including A/B testing, customer segmentation & analytics as well as strong proficiency with technology tools that support such marketing efforts
- Strong proficiency in sourcing & analyzing the data needed to make effective marketing campaign decisions as well as a high comfort level in operating with & making decisions with partial information
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.