See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff Security Engineer, Detection & Response Engineering
Who we are & why were hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications & data solutions that help companies & developers worldwide build better applications & customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, & we're looking for more builders, creators, & visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
The Threat Detection & Response team is looking for a Staff Security Engineer who is passionate about solving the businesss toughest technical-security challenges; you will work closely with Security, R&D Engineering & R&D Business teams to develop scalable processes & technical solutions.
You will be a member of a Security Engineering team that works closely with the Business Information Security Officer (BISO) that serves one of Twilios Business Units (BUs), charged with maturing & scaling the Security Incident Response function across that BUs product portfolio. This means you will tackle tough security challenges, leading short- & long-term Security engineering initiatives, which will result in full detection-and-response coverage of internal & external information-security threats.
You will help lead a team of deeply technical Security Engineers to focus on creating bespoke & standard Security tooling, enhancing our capabilities for threat mitigation & incident response, & then automating as much as you possibly can (and more)! You will help us to grow our global, scaled team & program.
In this role, youll:
- Be an Owner: Lead & participate in daily operations tasks including architecting & developing well-engineered & performant detective tooling & automation, participating in applications/systems threat modeling, & participating in Incident Response activities when needed
- Write It Down: Work directly with BUs & Security stakeholders to align the Detection & Response teams vision & strategy, while engaging the team to develop & ship specific, multi-year roadmaps, programs, & projects, ensuring prioritization, resourcing, & timely delivery of work within a changing business environment
- Wear the customers shoes: Partner with our BISO to influence other teams to solve challenges related to a broad spectrum of threat actors & activity
- Ruthlessly Prioritize: Establish & maintain key partnerships with BUs, proactively identifying areas that would most benefit the improvement of our business, inclusive of the Incident Response program
- Dont Settle: Challenge the status quo; perform technology research, security research, & architecture reviews needed for a thorough understanding of the Twilio platform to understand what we are defending & how best to defend it
- Draw the Owl: Building systems & services to make the most complex security problems simple & frictionless
- Empower Others: Build, cultivate, & maintain positive relationships with internal customers to identify & facilitate solutions to increase the impact of the teams work
- Be Inclusive: Coach, mentor, support, & care for the team in a way that enables long-term career development, happiness, & success at scale
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, & we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Proven experience: ~7+years of engineering in a production-cloud environment
- Subject-matter expert on security issues & technologies
- Full-stack software developer
- Advanced knowledge of service-oriented architectures, as well as experience with security tools & technologies fit for a cloud environment
- Expert-level experience in AWS, advanced level experience with GCP or Kubernetes
- Experience working across a technology stack on difficult security challenges & initiatives
- Experience with SIEM platforms & the ability to extend their functionality
- Experience with SOAR tools & automating manual security processes
- Experience with infrastructure as code, such as Terraform or Pulumi
- Experience in at least 1 compiled, & 1 interpreted language
- Experience in either AWS, GCP, or other large cloud platform
- Proficiency in multiple functional security domains (e.g. operations, engineering, risk management, architecture)
- Strong business acumen & business-relationship skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence & build effective working relationships with every level of the organization.
- MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
This role will be based in our remotely.
Approximately no travel is anticipated except for team-related events.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental & wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, & much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, & are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering & donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, & be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $160,080 - $200,100
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidates starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, & geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilios equity plan & for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.