Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa asa European Payroll Team Lead, we want to hear from you together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
Running European payrolls in a fast & growing market, the role requires the ability to work with the growth & maintain accuracy throughout.
There is currently a team of 5Payroll Analysts who manage the day to day running of the payroll overseen by a Payroll Manager.
Due to an internal restructure in the Payroll Team there is a need for an ambitious & credible Team Lead to co-ordinate & organise the day to day activities.
The candidate will get exposure to 28countries payrolls, legislation & requirements as well as project work to increase knowledge & development.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- To check the payroll input & review & sign off the payroll output for multiple UK & European entities on a monthly basis (working with the outsourced payroll vendor to provide secondary approval of the payrolls).
- Review the Payroll team task lists to ensure that all tasks are completed by month end.
- Work with the Payroll team to co-ordinate certain day to day operations i.e. workload, management of the shared mailbox, timely responses to employee queries etc
- Organisation of ad hoc team tasks i.e. preparation of annual payroll calendars, annual Form 42 reconciliation & filing, P11D(b) filing & Class 1A payment, distribution of annual salary certificates / P60's etc.
- To check & approve payments (Net Pay, Taxes / Social Security etc) in a timely fashion.
- To assist the Payroll Manager with internal / external payroll audit work.
- To support the Payroll Manager & cover for vacations & other absences.
- To provide feedback to the Payroll Manager on individual team performance.
- To assist with the recruitment, onboarding & training of Payroll staff.
- Ad hoc tasks as required.
What we're after...
- High degree of accuracy & attention to detail in work
- Excellent time management & organizational skills
- Track record of co-ordinatingand motivating a team
- High level of customer focus
- Good communication skills.
- Experience of working with an outsourced payroll vendor.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Intermediate Excel skills (Vlookup, Pivot tables)
- Experience of working on UK payrolls with upwards of 1500 employees as well as on range of European payrolls.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines - with a high degree of accuracy.
- Pro-active nature to solve issues & document findings & process improvements.
- UK & European payroll experience required
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.