Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Platform Engineering is a new group at Mailchimp focused on maintaining & improving our core components, & we are looking for a Staff level engineer to help us do it. This team is within Platform Engineering & is focused on improving access to our audience data, which is critical for our engineers & powers our feature development. You can expect to set the teams technical direction, spearhead efforts to establish patterns & processes, & lead the team through examples in your own work. You will collaborate with teams throughout the company & represent our group in cross-departmental projects & forward-looking discussions with Directors & VPs.
At Mailchimp, we value learning, collaboration & clarity. Youll find success here if you enjoy writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't only about shipping: you are a welcoming contributor who knows how to communicate with your team in order to build great software. You prefer using proven technologies to solve interesting new problems. You've broken production environmentsand then buckled down, fixed them & maybe you held a blameless post-mortem about it!
What Youll Do:
- Work cross functionally to understand how teams use our audience data, ideate solutions for recurring problems, & set our overall technical direction
- Build, maintain, improve & promote proper use of the APIs & infrastructure that power Mailchimps tens of billions of records of audience data
- Design, plan & support the modernization of the audience data infrastructure as we move into a cloud first environment
- Empower team members by providing technical guidance & mentorship
- Embrace & demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, & independence
Wed Love to hear from you if:
- You have experience driving cross functional projects & communicating the technical aspects to both engineering & non-technical teams
- You have experience with distributed systems, including aspects on load management, monitoring, & building resiliency
- Coding experience in PHP, Go, or other languages that can be demonstrated through a portfolio of code
- You are a self starter that can work independently while also putting an emphasis on mentorship of those around you
- You are passionate about building & delivering great features for customers
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.