Director, Customer Experience
Managing Director (NYC)
Code, part of Omnicom, exists to help clients invent a new future for their marketing through technology & data. Helping clients to build new capabilities to meet the challenges of an ever-changing marketing landscape, we do this by delivering customer centric, data driven, profitable experiences. Working at the intersection of marketing technology, data & user experience, our clients can use such services as: Transformation Consultancy, Marketing Science, Data Engineering, Customer Experience & Marketing technologies. We also develop & maintain our own Forrester recognized Marketing Technology solution, adZU, which is used by 10,000 businesses worldwide.
Our key clients include Best Western, Christies, Jaguar Land Rover, LOreal, Lilly, Mercedes-Benz, Medivet, Ralph Lauren, Samsung & Telstra. Code has a global presence with 300+ employees spanning ten cities, located in the UK, Europe, North America, & Australia. To learn more visit www.codeworldwide.com
At Code we believe everyone deserves a career journey thats tailored to suit their own personal needs. We are committed to ensuring all our colleagues have access to an environment that fosters a growth mind-set. Looking to use the most advanced marketing technology & data models we can be radical in our approach. We are a strong & diverse team of consultants, technologists, data scientists & customer success practitioners. What unites us is our shared purpose & desire to transform marketing.
Culturally, Code is an innovative, fast moving, exciting and occasionally a demanding place to work.
Code is on the cusp of something very exciting. As part of the Rapp Group, we have recently merged with a sister agency, Proximity, further cementing our place as a leading global agency. We have unrivalled expertise in combining Data Science, Technology & Creative to deliver exceptional results for our clients, & our Marketing Sciences team have grown almost two-fold in size over the past year. We are looking for a curious, ambitious & caring leader to join us on our journey.
The dedicated client team you would join, immediately, is comprised of typical client-engagement teammates bolstered by cross-functional subject matter experts from customer experience strategy, technology strategy, & marketing science. This dedicated client team is tasked with driving the future (and the now) of customer experience & CRM for one of the USs largest automotive companies. We are looking for someone who really understands how to drive overarching customer experience & is able to set the agenda (together with the client) & drive the team on a roadmap of work that makes incremental gains to the clients business, every month. We need you to understand how customer experience intersects with technology & data science & how all three work together to apply to/solve real client problems.
You will be responsible for running the strategic Customer Experience agenda on the account in partnership with the account lead & cross-functional SMEs. You will be helping to persuade/influence clients to follow the right CX/data-driven/technology-enabled strategy; to continue the growth trajectory through pitching for new business & growing & retaining existing clients; AND for helping to build out our core propositions & products.
YOU & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- You have a bachelor's degree & have over 6 years of strategy experience, as well as 5+ years of experience in CRM or loyalty marketing.
- You are a critical & lateral thinker that has a strong ability to architect experience strategies & creative CRM solutions from inception to in-market. You have solid experience conceiving omni-channel communications plans, capable across digital/interactive media, direct, & traditional environments.
- You understand the role that technology & data play in delivering effective customer experience & dont shy away from having more in-depth conversations about both topics with clients (supported by subject matter experts in cross-fucntional roles).
- You have the ability to surface human insights born from data & inspire highly effective, lateral solutions. You are highly adept when using analytical & research data to inspire & inform solution design.
- You craft the strategic vision for the brand & ensure all briefs target business results for our clients.
- You are a team player, partnering closely with Marketing Sciences, Creative, Account Management, Technology, & User Experience teams to design industry-leading solutions that end-users welcome in their lives.
- You thrive when working hand in hand with clients & arent afraid of doing the work to set the vision & see it through.
- You are a self-starter that is tenacious in seeking to deliver valueable output for clients.
- You want the opportunity to build a team around you, in time, that supports a path & client business that you & your cross-fucntional partners built together from the beginning.
- You look for ways to productize the Customer Exeperience practice/services into easy-to-understand & easy-to-buy products & credentials.
- You are able to author POVs & other IP covering recent trends & developments in Customer Experience. You are quick to codify best practices, package case studies, share methods & define neww standards in collaboration.
- You are able to demonstrate to others how to write compelling documents / presentation around customer experience (and more generally) through the art of storytelling.
- You are able to play a leading role in New Business pitches & in growing existing clients
- And crucially, you continue to learn in terms of both breadth & depth & arent afraid to humbly do what you say, & say what you do in collaboration with your colleagues.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 8+ years experience in digital agencies or advertising agencies
- Proven history of delivering effective strategic plans
- Proven history of developing insights that led to award winning work
- Proven history of writing effective business cases to win new business.
- Proven ability to create, plan & run workshops
- Excellent presenter, great in a pitch, able to inspire & persuade when presenting to our clients.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives/priorities at once & be a motivating member of a cross-functional, dedicated client team.
- Proven history of creating trusted working relationships with senior clients
- Be able to contribute to a vision piece for how an organization can become customer-experience centered & data-driven; from customer experience strategy/tactics, to organizational change requirements, to technology enhancements, to the data science requirements, to how your customer experience roadmaps will be activated within the clients reality, & then optimization of all of the above.
- A confident, conscientious, self-starter, has a good work ethic, a personable character & capable of building good working relationships with clients as well as other team members within CODE (locally & abroad).
- Imaginative & has a practical approach to problem solving.
- But the key characteristic is curious trusted advisor.
WHAT WE WILL GIVE YOU
- We will help give you the career you are looking for. We will give you the experience, training & guidance you need to realise your career ambitions. We will challenge & support you along the journey.
- We will give you challenging but interesting problems to solve. Now more than ever we are faced with challenging & new problems to solve. We are fortunate that our clients our taking us on the journey with them.
- We will give you a culture youll want to work in. We pride ourselves on our supportive, ambitious & overall fun culture, which is a function of our collaborative NY-based team.
SPEAKING UP ON RACISM AND DIVERSITY
At Code we take a strong stand against racism or any type of discrimination.Our mission has been, and always will be to create technology that empowers people to change the world for the better.
We are made stronger by the diversity of our people & their uniqueness at Code. This means encouraging development & rewarding the individual for being themselves, whatever their personal circumstances. We are committed to creating an equal work environment that drives progress in inclusion & diversity. We expect you tohold the same position and that you will also aimto bring about positive change & racial justice.
LASTLY, BUT IMPORTANTLY
What we need from you: jump in, find problems. Fix them and build relationships. Imagine new solutions, invent them and manage them. Do whatever it takes to go above & beyond. And stand up for individuality.