Looking for a position that allows you to engage all of your many technical talents? Do you particularly excel at not only solving complex technical problems, but also at communicating the solution clearly & effectively?
As an Associate Solution Engineer, youre a technical Jack/Jill of All Trades; you love figuring out how things work, & youll be a resident expert on the inner workings of the Appian platform.
About the Job:
The Appian Solution Engineering team provides technical expertise to our customers around the globe. We touch every layer of the Appian platform; from data analysis to creative problem solving, our Solution Engineers tackle the most challenging technical problems, mitigate all of our customers concerns, and love the ability to employ our myriad of prowesses & interests.
We are looking for a hands-on engineer with excellent analytical & communication skills. Ideally, you not only have a strong interest in software development (minus the coding 8 hours a day part), but also have a desire to work closely with some of our highest stakes customers. A keen interest in data analytics is also desirable, as you will have the opportunity to work with big datasets. To reiterate, however: this is not a software development gig, & we dont require a Computer Science degree.
Here at Appian, we are revolutionizing the way software is built -- & we dont just deploy & run. Be part of a team of problem-solving ninjas who thrive equally on under the hood technical action as well as world-class customer support.
- Bachelor's degree in any Engineering discipline, Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar work experience
- Excellent at problem solving & a talent for identifying creative solutions
- Desire to work closely with our customers to help lead continual improvement in the availability, performance, functionality & security of our platform
- Flexibility to provide after business hours support (rotation every 10 or so weeks)
- Keen to provide exceptional customer interaction (verbal/written) to our biggest customers
Appian makes building complex software simple. Weve built our low-code platform from the ground up with the power to address some of the worlds toughest business problems. Its exciting & challenging work with exciting & fulfilling rewards. It takes the right personis that you?
NICE to Have Experience (a.k.a., not required!):
- Programming / scripting (e.g. Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, PHP)
- RDBMS platforms (e.g. MySql, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Systems administration (e.g. Linux, Windows)
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.