About the Role
On the Agent-Client Collaboration team, we build the pipeline that guides a customer from their initial home search all the way through to the listing they consider "the one". This pipeline includes hundreds of interactions, from minor nudges encouraging agents & clients to connect, to key events like attending a live-streamed tour of a home. Your role would be to lead this pipelines technical architecture, with a focus on web front-end.
You want to build software that solves immediate user problems while setting a foundation for long term product goals. You can place yourself in the shoes of the end-user & advocate for their best interest. You love to learn, & equally love to share your knowledge with others. You are a great communicator & you take care to understand before making yourself understood. You enjoy experimenting with new frameworks & libraries, & taking calculated risks for what technologies your team should adopt.
At Compass You Will:
- Lead the tech planning & development of the front end & middleware of our workflow products that power collaboration between buyers, sellers, & real estate agents.
- Work with our backend engineers to design & implement intuitive APIs & webhooks in Java & Go.
- Collaborate with product & design to move fast on creating solutions to business problems.
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology & products & an empathetic partner to our customers.
- Inspire, recruit, & mentor your engineering colleagues.
- Continually champion improvement by identifying ways to raise the quality bar of the team & systems around you.
What We Look For:
- Experience building large, complex systems, particularly web services, RESTful APIs, & microservice architectures with emphasis on industry best practices.
- History of delivering products/systems through their full life cycle, from idea conception, technical planning, implementation, launch, measurement, & maintenance/iteration.
- Prior experience collaborating with UX, Design, & Product Managers.
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration & delivery.
- Knowledge or strong interest in Java or Go.
- 5+ years experience preferred.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together & inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
Check out our Engineering blog!