We are looking for an experienced software engineer to help create the next generation of a unique cardiovascular monitoring system & future products. You have experience across the full stack & hardware doesnt scare you. Youre a software engineer who knows how to build a correct architecture that ships, & you know how to communicate effectively at both a technical & non-technical level. You have a bias for action & an ability to size up hard technical problems quickly. Comfortable with both backend & frontend work & have an eye for frontend detail. You are not wed to any one technology or approach & measure yourself by high-quality features being used by customers.
- Communicate the software design to key stakeholders using visual modeling techniques
- Taking a lead role & willing to collaborate in the design, architecture, & implementation of our current & future software needs
- Decompose high-level requirements into testable software requirements
- Reverse engineer existing code
- Craft a software architecture using design patterns that can be easily re-factored if needed
- Use appropriate coding standards
- Follow software development standard operating procedures in Casanas FDA-regulated environment while addressing the needs & expectations of the end users
Required Skills & Experience
- B.S., M.S., or equivalent experience in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- 5+ years of professional experience working with PHP & Python on a software development team
- Familiarity with developing RESTful APIs for connecting remote clients to backend services
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, design patterns, & algorithms
- Understanding of infrastructure & have experience with orchestration to develop a cloud solution
- Experience using Git/GitHub for software development & version control
Desired Skills & Experience
- Understand & apply quality techniques & practices (unit testing, CI/CD, Test Driven Design/Development)
Casana is revolutionizing home healthcare by creating clinical-grade technology that unobtrusively checks a persons health. Backed by a top-ranked VC & led by a CEO who founded & led a tech unicorn to a successful IPO, Casana is designing & building the home-health platform of the future. We are seeking bright, driven candidates to join our team.
Casana creates technologies that enable healthcare in the home. Casana has created a toilet seat-based cardiovascular monitoring system that is self-contained, cloud-connected, & installs directly on a standard toilet. The Heart Seat requires no user behavior change & is capable of capturing multiple key clinically relevant measurements, including heart rate, blood pressure, blood oxygenation, & cardiac output.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, unlimited paid time off, & an opportunity to work in a fast-paced, purpose-driven, collaborative environment.