Company Description|Job Description
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP's across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities & personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
The role of the Narrative Game Designer is to act as the champion of a game's story, functioning as the central resource for all things narrative related. The Narrative Designer works closely with a project's core design team during every step of the process to develop a strong symbiotic relationship between the game's mechanics, design, & structure & the narrative/story being used to support & enhance that structure.
- Working with the development team to brainstorm creative ways to encapsulate the game's core mechanics through story & narrative;
- Establishing the lore & tone of the world of the game & proposing creative & efficient ways to effectively present this world to the player;
- Defining characters, their backstories, & personalities;
- Writing & revising all in-game dialogue & text;
- Identifying Narrative problems & brainstorming creative solutions with colleagues;
- Working to create & establish the voice” of a game;
- Collaborating with cinematic & sound teams to create & maintain consistent narrative execution;
- Working closely with our partners to ensure the narrative story is culturally sensitive for key demographics.
- Generating detailed voice-over scripts & liaising with external voice-over houses & sound designers.
- Ability to craft a clear & coherent story;
- Ability to display a strong understanding of plot, structure, & character;
- Must understand how story is used to support game mechanics & enhance player retention;
- Displays excellent written & verbal communication skills;
- Possesses a strong understanding of visual theory & storytelling;
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge & passion for the history & theories governing interactive storytelling;
- Ability to work positively in a collaborative environment;
- Strong research, analytical, & problem-solving skills, & an awareness of how to navigate limitations & work with available art/programming resources;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines;
- Ability to communicate effectively in a diverse environment;
- Organized & able to juggle multiple projects at once;
- Passionate about gaming, & boasts an in-depth knowledge of games, game culture, & the entertainment industry as a whole.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.