theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to more than 75 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials. Join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE AND TEAM
theSkimms video team is a creative, collaborative group of producers & editors from both traditional & new media backgrounds. They maintain the highest standards for journalism & integrity instorytelling,while producing distinct content for theSkimms unique voice & brand. As we grow, were looking for a Senior Producer who will be charged witheditorialapproach & technical execution for high profile video initiatives, including interview series with politicians, celebrities, & influencers. Reporting to theSkimms Senior Director of Video, youll collaboratecross functionallywith internal teams, including Social, Editorial, Design, Sales, & Marketing to ensure optimal process from pre to post production on all future video projects.
- Owning digital video projects from start to finish. Efficiently managing editorial & technical pre- & post-production (including research, scriptwriting, creative on shoots, & guiding edits)
- Interviewing politicians, entrepreneurs, influencers & celebrities for high profile video series
- Developing new & creative approaches to video projects across content verticals
- Workcross departmentallyand liaise with social, web, marketing, & newsletter teams for optimal execution on owned video projects
- Managing work with freelancers & networking to bring best in class talent to theSkimm as needed
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 5+ Years in video production for a digital publisher, preferably in news media
- A strong grasp of news cycle with highest understanding of journalistic standards, research, & fact-checking
- Proven experience interviewing VIP talent, including politicians & celebrities, for media publication
- Excellent writer with ability to write in the voice of a character
- Ability to script & produce a wide range of content- explainers, docs, animation
- Meticulous organization & attention to detail
- Experience working effectively under tight deadlines
- Passionate about theSkimm & its mission
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- Understanding of basic production both in studio & in the field: lighting, cameras, direction
- Editing & shooting experience (Including experience with tools, such as Premiere, Final Cut Pro, etc)
- Proven track record of growing viewership & driving audience engagement for a brand through video content
- Passion for social media & socialplatform specificvideo creation & distribution strategy
- Experience managing communications with internal & external PR/Publicists
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance aimed at rewarding & recognizing our diverse talents
- A flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances.
- MassMutual 401(k) program
- $400 annual gym reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeineanda pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered lunch on Fridays during our HQ Sipn Skimm - a time to catch up as a group & wind down from a great week
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking & diverse group of people building a media company that makes it easier to live smarter.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY
PLEASE SUBMIT OR LINK TO THREE VIDEOS PRODUCED TO BE CONSIDERED