BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays & in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
About the Role
As the Head of Marketing Operations & Strategy you will be responsible for building / managing the marketing planning process, PMO of strategic initiatives, marketing performance analytics, investment planning, & operational design & support that will help Pure achieve our aggressive growth objectives. This key Marketing Operations leader will be the primary support role to the CMO & key Marketing Leaders & report to the Vice President of Integrated Operations (IOPS). He/She will have a unique opportunity to partner closely with leadership across the organization with a focus on building fast & iterative customer insights, scaling processes, & informing the right investment decisions. This position will be the primary interface between marketing & its key partner teams & stakeholders in Sales, Analytics, IT, Finance, & Operations.
About the Team
This is a unique opportunity to drive the business in a cross-functional team capacity. As the Head of Marketing Operations & Strategy, you will build out marketing operations, working closely with the entire marketing team & partner directly with the CMO. You will also be a member of the IOPS team to ensure scalable & aligned strategies, designs, & operations cross-functionally.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
- Partner with the CMO & other marketing leaders to set, manage & execute on the Marketing vision & deliver the marketing plans to support planned growth targets.
- Own Marketing departmental planning process & cadence, improving the way we develop holistic, end-to-end marketing strategies & plans.
- Define & PM strategic marketing initiatives & projects aligned to Company & CMOs goals & priorities.
- Strong understanding of Marketing ROI & Analysis for making recommendations on strategy & working closely with key stakeholders to optimize Marketing effectiveness.
- Experience in running planning & forecasting processes across a globally diverse & cross functional marketing team. Including annual planning processes & quarterly business reviews ensuring budget attainment & control of spending.
- Keen analytical skills & ability to cut through noise in the data drill into issues & deliver valuable business insights to stakeholders to help make recommendations to achieve goals & targets.
- Effective communication skills in helping run & execute, Marketing Strategy formulation & planning, quarterly business reviews, weekly performance reporting & provide analysis & insights to support the Marketing Leadership team.
- Understanding of foundational & emerging Marketing Technology to support analytical & operational Marketing Processes & hunger to continuously learn & discover new & emerging tools.
- Partner with teams to build an infrastructure that equips marketing with clear actionable data & ensure investments have measurable ROI.
- Develop new/enhancements to attribution & tracking methodologies that measure the ROI of new & existing marketing programs (i.e. paid, organic, events, nurturing programs, etc.)
- Develop core performance scorecard for the global organization & support with robust reporting & dashboards; prioritize issues for attention & financial investment shifts & decisions.
- Manage database hygiene & optimization; develop/execute strategy for monitoring & improve gaps in data health & marketing automation performance.
- Implement & optimize lead/account scoring (behavioral, firmographic, & predictive models) & lead/account routing methodologies to ensure highest quality leads are passed & prioritized appropriately for qualification.
- Build & maintain key relationships with leaders across Marketing Sales, Finance, Product & more broad IOPS.
- Drive alignment between marketing & sales on joint metrics.
- Represent & champion Marketing across the company.
WHAT YOULL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 10+ years of Marketing Ops and/or comparable experience a fast-growing B2B company.
- Strong project management capabilities with history designing & implementing large strategic initiatives.
- Track record of strategic story-telling & being able to make compelling arguments to executive leadership.
- Strong understanding of Marketing technology landscape, measurement & attribution approaches.
- Experience managing marketing automation platforms.
- Strong project management skills, able to prioritize by working closely with the marketing & sales teams for best roadmap.
- Demonstrated cross-functional communication & relationship building skills.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience.
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws & regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.