Hi, were Oscar.
We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent & human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service & healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, & better healthcare.
In this role, you will join the Corporate Strategy & Pricing team which works closely with seniorleadership to develop & execute pricing decisions for all Oscar products through a unique combination of data analytics & business intuition
- Interpret competitive landscape to drive company wide strategic decisions, including understanding profitability tradeoffs, market trends, & key drivers
- Source, organize, & analyze data to support all initiatives in the Corporate Strategy & Pricing
- Craft recommendations using a data driven approach combined with business intuition for C suite executives to make pricing decisions that impact the organizations bottom line
Who are you
- Entrepreneurial spirit: you take the initiative to identify gaps & tackle problems that might be outside of your day to day responsibilities
- Analytical & strategic mindset: you have an interest & willingness to learn more about broader business strategic tradeoffs & decisions
- Collaborative attitude: you are able to work effectively with other teams across the organization using your leadership ability, communication skills, & organizational awareness
- 1+ years of experience working fields such as consulting, finance, economics, business development, or data science
- Structured & systematic thought process comfortable working with data & spreadsheets & distilling complex topics into simple explanations
- Creative but pragmatic approach able to understand market & competitive dynamics through forming a hypothesis & testing it against imperfect data
- Prior experience in Healthcare and/or Insurance industry is a +
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.