Appian is seeking a highly motivated & tech-savvy attorney, who will serve & provide legal counsel for our Information Security team. Reporting to Appians Chief Information Security Officer, you will work closely with our technical team to directly lead security negotiations with customers. You will also play an important role in shaping processes to help the Legal Department scale as Appian continues to grow, & to drive important legal compliance initiatives relating to product development, privacy, & data protection.
Additionally, this position will work closely with legal reviews of modern security & privacy projects for our architecture, & provide continued support in compliance initiatives, including data usage, security, & commercial & government contracts.
About the Job:
- Responsible for reviewing & negotiation of complex customer security requirements.
- Represent Appian on calls & communications with Appians customers & prospects to explain Appians security posture & to negotiate information security terms.
- Provide counsel & trusted legal advice to engineers, product managers, & security specialists on Appians platform, including compliance with applicable data security & privacy laws & regulations, security by design, & security frameworks & industry certifications.
- Provide practice business judgement when negotiating global agreements with service providers & technology partners, while advising executive leaders on updated policies & terms.
- Collaborate with engineers & compliance professionals to develop & iterate on legal-security processes, including updates to security policies, plans, procedures, & organisational standards.
- Work cross functionally with Legal & technical teams to create disclosure of term agreements based on Appians product terms & stance on privacy & data security.
- Develop & facilitate employee training based on new legal developments & industry specific regulations within PaaS, IaaS, & SaaS.
- Juris Doctor degree & admitted to practice in at least one US jurisdiction required 2+ years combined experience in law firm, government, and/or in-house legal department, preferably in the technology industry, with significant relevant transactional & cloud technology counseling experience (PaaS or SaaS deployment model experience preferred)
- Demonstrated experience with key regulatory requirements in the SaaS/Paas/IaaS space, including privacy, data protection & security issues
- High work precision, with strong ability to redline & negotiate complex customer security agreements.
- Comfortable as the primary legal adviser to multiple stakeholders such as security & engineering groups in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to organize, prioritize & manage deadlines in a fast-paced & demanding work environment.
- Bonus: Expertise in global security, privacy, & regulatory frameworks, for example: NIST, ISO, FedRAMP, PCI-DSS, GDPR, CCPA, CPRA, or HIPAA.
Appian makes building complex software simple. Weve built our low-code platform from the ground up with the power to address some of the worlds toughest business problems. Its exciting & challenging work with exciting & fulfilling rewards. It takes the right personis that you?
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.