As the Onboarding Coordinator for Away, you will develop an onboarding experience that welcomes our new team members & ensures that they are set up for success. You will build relationships across the company to create a strategy to share information with our new hires that helps them understand how the business works, how our teams work & what success looks like. Youll ensure they have the tools, resources & information to becoming highly contributing team members.
The ideal candidate is someone who process orientated, has strong program management skills & is a highly effective communicator. You will need to be able collaborate with stakeholders across the company & turn the complexities of our departments & overall business into an onboarding program that excites, motivates & engages our newest members. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to take on an important initiative for the organization & make a lasting impact.
The Onboarding Coordinator will be part of the People Operations team & work out of our Soho, NY office.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for the position.
Some of what you'll do:
- Guide new hires through the entirety of their onboarding program, beginning immediately after an offer letter is signed
- Work closely with hiring managers on any team or position specific onboarding needs
- Develop a rotating, scalable onboarding program
- Coordinate all events, meetings or information sessions as they relate to onboarding
- Ensure the timely delivery of information to our new hires pre-start, first day & onward
- Develop on brand, onboarding material - welcome packet, benefit information
- Work with stakeholders to rollout 30-60-90 onboarding plans
- Establish metrics for measuring the effectiveness of our onboarding program
- Ensure all new hires receive the required state specific notices, acknowledgements & trainings
- Collect & complete all new hire paperwork
Who you are:
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of three years of work experience a must, preferably in the people operations or onboarding space
- Strong organizational skills, high level of efficiency, & ability to manage operations with
- Strong communication skills
- Strong client-service orientation & relationship-building skills; comfort working with various types of people in different contexts
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!