Warby Parker is looking for an all-star People Operations Coordinator to join us as a key member of the People team at our New York City headquarters, supporting employees across the U.S. & Canada. This person will help manage the employee lifecycle & be a resource for all things People-related for our employees, both near & far. Our ideal candidate is a positive self-starter, with an eagle eye for detail & passion for helping others. Ready to impact the future of Warby Parker? Read on!
What youll do:
- Be the first point of contact for all employee HR-related questions, including benefit & employee leave inquiries; research & troubleshoot all inquiries related to People, policies, procedures, & moreand route escalated issues to the appropriate team members when necessary
- Support key operational processes & workflows across the employee lifecycle, including onboarding/offboarding, employee changes/transfers, data management & compliance
- Input employee data into HRIS/payroll systems & ensure all info (e.g., new hire documents, employment status changes, terminations, regular data audits) is accurate & up-to-date
- Assist with administration of employment verifications, personnel files, unemployment, tax notices, employee leave, benefits compliance, & labor law posters (the list goes on!)
- Be proactive in making data-driven recommendations & identify key areas for process improvement & efficiency
- Support systems setup, updates, & troubleshooting (e.g. ADP, Dayforce, Sapling)
Who you are:
- Backed by at least 1 year of relevant experience in HR or Finance & Accounting
- Armed with a bachelors degree or equivalent education
- Comfortable in Microsoft Excel & eager to become a guru
- Extremely detail-oriented (youve never met an i you didnt want to dot)
- An expert communicator in writing & in person (the ability to communicate professionally with external & internal folks, & with all levels of management, is paramount here!)
- A positive team player whos passionate about cultivating a supportive, inclusive workplace culture
- Able to manage highly confidential & sensitive matters with poise & maturity
- Comfortable juggling different tasks & ensuring they are completed in a timely manner & without errors; able to quickly digest & execute new processes & identify opportunities to make improvements
- Not on the Office of Inspector Generals List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Experience with group benefit plans
- Knowledge of HR systems
Some benefits of working at Warby Parker for full-time employees:
- Health, vision, & dental insurance
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Short-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Bereavement Support
- Optical Education Reimbursement
- Free eyewear
- And more (just ask!)
The salary range for the People Operations Coordinator role in New York City is $48,125$55,000. Warby Parker, in good faith, believes that the posted salary range is accurate for this role in New York City at the time of posting. Warby Parker may pay more or less than the posted range based on factors such as relevant experience & skills, qualifications & location, among others.
Warby Parker requires all newly hired in-person or hybrid employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. Warby Parker is an equal opportunity employer & will provide reasonable accommodation, as necessary with federal, state, or local law, to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated.
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire & impact the world with vision, purpose, & style.
Were constantly asking ourselves how we can do more & make a greater impactand that starts by reimagining everything that a company & industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, & do good in the worldwithout charging a premium for it. And weve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, & innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, weve pioneered ideas, designed products, & developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses & contacts to eye exams & vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over ten million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means ten million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, & achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings & events, volunteering & learning opportunities, & just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up & sharing ideas arent responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, & identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (Were happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community & belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors & equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, & share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what were all about, & our annual Impact Report & Racial Equity Strategy lay out how were sticking to these values.