Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, & what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous mastersGordon Ramsay, Martin Scorsese, Serena Williams, Helen Mirren, Margaret Atwood, Annie Leibovitz, Steph Curry, Carlos Santana, Timbaland & many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
We rely on individuals who care about getting the details right because they know that even small things can have big effects. This person should be able to organize large amounts of data & documents quickly & precisely.
- Experience handling multiple projects & timelines simultaneously
- Excellent organization & file management skills
- Familiarity with the copyright clearance processes & concepts
- Ability to work with cross-functional seamlessly
Responsibilities of the role:
- Processing & filing clearance documents in a timely manner
- Processing licenses & invoices, & tracking their status
- Updating licensing cue sheets
- Researching rights holders
- Proficient with Google Apps esp. Google Sheets, Acrobat, Preview, Word, Excel
- Experience handling paperwork & managing organizational systems
- Legally eligible to work in the United States without immigration sponsorship
- Work full-time in our Los Angeles office
What great looks like in this role:
In this role, you will be an important contributor to the Rights & Clearance Team as well as the larger Content Production Team. You will work with many cross-functional groups to help create & launch each & every MasterClass.
You are extremely organized, able to think on your feet, & have a can-do attitude. You are committed to delivering excellent work & take pride in all you do. This means that no task is too big or too small to put forth your best work & focusing on the details.
A successful Administrator will also continue to develop their understanding of Rights & Clearance processes & concepts to eventually assist in clearing elements to be used in the classes & trailers.
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.