Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating products that millions of developers will love.
We are looking for a passionate, results oriented, & motivated self-starter to lead product within our Kubernetes product team. Looking for someone with cloud computing domain knowledge, especially with hands-on experience launching & supporting large/distributed cloud compute products & services. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Product, this Senior Product Manager will build products & features to drive DigitalOceans Kubernetes Service & Container Registry.
You will get to work with a team of high-energy & dedicated product managers, designers, & engineers to impact the lives of developers by simplifying innovation for them. This role is a great opportunity for experienced Product Managers with expertise in IaaS, PaaS, or SaaS who want to have a real impact, both within the company & in the developer community at large, & launch products that are used & loved by thousands of developers worldwide.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Develop the product strategy & vision & translate it into creative, high quality, simple features.
- Define performance criteria across the suite of products & features.
- Work with internal & external stakeholders to gather requirements & create user stories.
- Develop business cases & model unit economics for new products & features.
- Act as Product Owner in the development process, creating epics & user stories, & prioritizing & grooming the product backlog.
- Drive a high-performance culture within your team that iterates frequently & learns continuously without sacrificing product quality.
- Enable the sales team with product training & collateral.
- Create & drive a community engagement plan.
What Well Expect From You:
- Ability to collaborate & lead a matrixed cross-functional Product Development team
- Hands-on, proven experience & domain knowledge in the cloud computing space, preferably building & delivering Kubernetes products & services.
- Ability to analyze data & articulate user hypotheses in terms of objective measures, & project KPI impact of new features
- An understanding of the challenges that developers face when selecting an infrastructure platform, & a vision for how great products can help
- Technical knowledge to collaborate with engineering teams on a highly technical product & advocate for a customer base made up of professional developers
- Effective communication & interpersonal skills to drive productive meetings, create effective & useful product documents
- Hands-on working knowledge of technologies such as Kubernetes, Containers, & distributed systems are a plus
- MBA a plus
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Product team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!