Shutterstock is growing by leaps & bounds & our data is too! We are looking for a bright & driven data analyst with a passion for helping the business understand its customers to support our rapid growth. The Data Analyst is responsible for contributing to creation of KPIs & dashboards, conducting business impact analysis, evaluating product usage & trends, & using data to find business growth opportunities. To enable your success you will have access to massive structured & unstructured datasets including searches, downloads, clickstreams, user behaviors, transactions & marketing spend along with a sophisticated data analytics platform to perform historical & real-time insight generation. This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Analytics in NYC & will collaborate with an extremely talented & passionate team of researchers, data engineers & data scientists from around the world working for Shutterstock.
- Build & maintain dashboards & reports that enable the Executive Leadership, Sales, Product, & Marketing teams to drive business performance
- Tell data stories to stakeholders by drawing insights from data analysis, bringing insights together to formulate the story & making recommendations for actions
- Conduct channel, partner & conversion performance analysis
- Analyze trends in asset usage using asset metadata such as asset type, category & keywords
- Work closely with Product, Sales, Marketing & Operations to setup & provide data, insights & ad hoc analyses for business decision making
- 2-5 years professional experience of consultation to internal groups or departments
- Strong knowledge of SQL required
- Experience working with key digital marketing KPIs (CPC/CACs, LTRs, etc.)
- Excellent analytical skills including cohort analysis & lifetime value analytics
- Knowledge of visual techniques for data analysis & presentation
- Strong interpersonal written & verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to tell a story based on data
- Exceptionally organized self-starter who can work independently & as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with flawless customer-centric focus
- BS/BA in Math, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Economics, Finance or related fields
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics or similar web analytics tool preferred
- Tableau, Python, R, or similar statistical, visualization and/or dashboarding tools
- Experience working with Paid Search, Display, or other areas of paid digital marketing
- A/B & Multivariate testing techniques & measurements is a plus
- Strong understanding of both statistics & regression
- Understanding of database structures & data mining techniques
- Experience with subscription products is a plus
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos & music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 350,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, & currently has more than 180 million images & more than 9 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; & Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.
To see some of our featured Open Source projects go to: http://tech.shutterstock.com
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V