This is a critical & exciting time at Enigma. Our product is gaining adoption quickly & we are growing our engineering team to keep pace. This creates an urgent need to expand our engineering leadership to support our growing team.
We are looking for an experienced engineering leader to oversee our Data Platform teams. Reporting to the CTO, you will grow high-performing engineering teams that deliver on technically challenging cross-team projects with high levels of predictability.
As a Director of Engineering for our Data Platform teams, you will manage & grow the data engineering teams at the core of our product. Your impact will be measured by the strength of the teams you grow, your influence on our engineering culture & the transparency & predictability of delivery on our engineering roadmap.
Were looking for someone who:
- Reinforces a culture of collaboration, transparency & accountability on the cross-functional teams theyre managing
- Work with team leads & in-house recruiters to attract engineers with the technical skills & experience to build out our unique data platform
- Collaborates with technical leads & product managers to create realistic execution plans that achieve product goals while controlling technical debt
- Coaches & mentors technical leads & engineers to help them identify & solve their most important challenges
- Is a passionate team builder who motivates people around them to perform at their best & to increase their impact
- Works with the CTO on engineering culture initiatives such as our performance management framework, team structure & engineering standards
What makes this job interesting?
- Leadership: you will help grow teams, coach technical leads & engineers & create structures for many individuals to succeed together
- Impact: you will join at a critical inflection point--your abilities as a leader & manager will influence Enigmas growth trajectory far into the future
- Technical Challenge: the teams you will manage are tackling unsolved challenges of scaling entity resolution, versioning workflows & constructing configuration-driven data pipelines
Our ideal candidate has:
- 8+ years of engineering experience with 4+ years leading engineering teams
- Successfully coached technical leads & engineers to grow in their roles
- Built & grown high-performing, collaborative engineering teams
- Outstanding organizational skills & a track record of identifying & solving cross-team challenges
Bonus points if you:
- Have led engineering teams building ML-driven data systems at scale
At Enigma, were building the single, most reliable source of data on businesses to power the future of financial services. By engineering better data from hundreds of public & third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow & thrive. Our core values - generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive - guide everything we do from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with & support one another on a daily basis. Were a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds & skills, but were all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through datatogether. If this resonates, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.