Who Are We?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly is seeking a Head of Learning Products & Experience to lead the research, development, & management of GAs world-class content for self-paced & instructor-led learning. The Head of Learning Products & Experience will set a clear & impactful strategy & roadmap to ensure that our products & overall learning experiences are designed for diverse & non-traditional learners globally & have a measurable impact on learning. This role reports directly to the Chief Product Officer & will work in close partnership with leaders across the organization.
Learning Content & Assessment Design
- Ensure that curricula effectively help learners master identified skills & include up-to-date topics to meet evolving skills requirements, partnering with other leaders at GA. as needed
- Hold all creators accountable to the highest quality standards for our content (e.g., instructional designers, learning experience architects, subject matter experts, etc.)
- Develop processes to ensure curriculum adoption reflects the design intent while still empowering instructors to tailor it to meet the needs of their unique sets of learners
- Define, develop & evaluate the effectiveness of our curricula & assessments.
- Continuously evolve General Assemblys instructional design strategy - including articulating what is unique about our approach - to ensure effective learning for our students.
- Continuously improve all processes & metrics related to the challenges faced by our customers & instructors as it relates to our educational content.
- Stay current on the latest adult learning best practices to determine which innovations to incorporate into our instructional design approach.
- Translate General Assemblys vision into winning products that drive equally toward the customers, organizations, & markets.
- Drive the success of our product portfolio based on scorecards for product delivery (time, budget, quality) & end-user performance (adoption, engagement, & monetization)
- Translate the product vision into action by creating business cases, competitive analysis, product-market fit, & product differentiation analysis.
- Utilize best-in-class product management & design principles & processes that increase end-to-end efficiency & productivity while ensuring quality learning outcomes.
- Ensure our products meet financial, sales, usage, engagement, quality, & other measurable goals.
Research & Development
- Define & support processes for rapid experimentation & feedback loops for new product offerings & ongoing analysis of current portfolio performance.
- Leverage data, artificial intelligence, rapid prototyping, & subject matter experts & learning designers to improve products & assessments & develop new ones.
- Innovate on curriculum, instructor capacity, & assessments to create a proof of concept or model related to the curriculum for new markets, digital-first, or other innovative learning experiences.
- Partner with leaders in Engineering & other cross-functional areas to ensure our tools support learning.
Leadership & Team Development
- Identify, hire, mentor, & train a world-class team of product managers, learning & instructional designers, & content managers.
- Foster an engaged, collaborative team culture of feedback, coaching, & professional learning.
- Ensure collaborative cross-functional partnerships between your teams & other departments.
- Partner with other product leaders to own end-to-end project planning & Instructional Design function capacity allocation & budget.
- A body of work that demonstrates excellence in instructional design, ideally including both instructor-led & self-paced online learning, assessment design, & competency-based learning
- An inspiring leader who can define & execute against a strategy & vision that is built upon data
- Skilled at effectively communicating information clearly & understandably to a variety of audiences across the globe
- Demonstrated ability to apply leadership, judgment, & political acumen in problem-solving in a complex environment
- Operationally minded & business savvy with experience managing a budget & making data-driven decisions.
- Experience in successfully building & managing high functioning, collaborative teams that support continuous growth & learning, ideally in a distributed environment
- Communicates effectively
- Cultivates innovation
- Drives engagement
- Drives vision & purpose
- Global perspective
- Tech savvy