BARK is a company building products, experiences, & entertainment for dogs & the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids & families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make dogs happier.
But what kind of company is BARK? It's a company that has gone to the dogs. We are committed to a culture that is open, inclusive, generous, & enthusiastic just like our pups. United by this dog-obsession, we embrace diversity of all stripes & spots. If your camera roll is 90% pictures of your dog, you belong here.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people crazy dog people believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
Were sniffing around for a UX/UI Product Designer (Mid-level) in our New York City office. BARK is a fast-growing business for people who absolutely love dogs. As a Product Designer at Bark, you will use your expertise to help evolve the user experience & product vision for our existing & future product lines.
- Be responsible for the UX & UI design for our digital products that sell, promote, & support our physical products, & the full holistic customer experience - from exploration research, prototyping, to pixel-level developer handoff
- Work hand-in-hand with Product & Engineering to understand our customers through research & best practice industry knowledge to de-risk new features & releases, then iterate on designs to learn & improve our customer experiences
- Collaboratively define user-centered problem statements & outline product principles to help guide design decision-making
- Collaborate on & execute quick rounds of user testing to validate hypotheses that drive product decisions (interviews, moderated and/or unmoderated usability tests, surveys & screener creation)
- Conceptualize & design solutions that meet/exceed strategic objectives from various departments (marketing, platform, growth, margin, retail, etc.)
- Lead creative user-centered vision for the product while producing excellent pixel-level design deliverables for development handoffs
- Collaborate on growing our evolving design system across different product verticals with the rest of the Product Design team members as well as the Engineering team/s
- Contribute to the design culture through thought leadership & collaboration
- At least 3+ years experience working as a UI/UX designer
- Superior verbal & written communication skills are a must (articulating design decisions, evangelizing design thinking, soft-skill team collaboration skills for cross functional teams, etc.)
- Proficient in commonly used visual design & prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision, Abstract, Figma, etc.
- Keen understanding of typography, color, graphics, & digital layout
- Strong portfolio including examples of user-centered design thinking, iteration, & evangelism
- First-hand experience planning & executing rounds of user testing (screener & survey development, plus problem space interviews & usability tests)
- Understanding of best, leanest ways to de-risk products before shipping with different types of testing, avoiding as much research bias as possible
- Must be head over heels nuts for dogs!
- Experience with e-commerce & digital marketing is a plus
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, fluid environment, handling a variety of assignments & technologies
- Understanding of best design practices for WCAG compliance for Accessibility
- Confidence to bring new tools & fresh ways of thinking to the table
- Ability to understand when big swings vs. small iterations will move the needle in improving our customer experiences
- Able to determine the best tools for hypothesis validation, understanding the appropriate level of fidelity for prototypes for what needs to be learned
- Expert ability to adapt to quickly changing priorities
- Did we mention the whole loving dogs thing? You should be just as crazy as we are about dogs!
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in New York, NY. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, & dogs to pet anytime you wish.