WHO WE ARE:
The FP&A team supports the business by producing budgets, forecasts, analysis, & monthly management financials for the company. As part of this fast-paced team, you'll view financials through a critical eye, constantly looking for variances or anomalies in data & trends. You'll use this analysis to ensure financial accuracy, provide insight on business performance, & discuss strategies for improvement. Every day you'll partner & collaborate with stakeholders across the org to review financial performance & to update rolling forecasts on an ongoing basis. Basically we ensure the company is always on track to meeting (or beating!) its goals so we can make ALL dogs happy.
WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
We are looking for a dynamic & highly motivated Senior Financial Analyst to join our Financial Planning & Analysis team. The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for driving business performance & predictability through financial planning, value-added reporting & analysis, & financial partnership with key stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Own & drive our G&A forecasting process, partnering closely with department heads.
- Manage the companys long-term financial models, including forecasting, budgeting, resource allocation, & long-range planning.
- Partner with accounting, FP&A divisional leads, & business heads to craft forecasts that tell a clear story & guide financial decision-making.
- Expand & develop reporting packages for the management team to measure & track results against expectations.
- Collaborate with our financial systems team in building out our new planning tool.
- Communicate results & trends to management with appropriate recommendations for action when results drift from the forecast.
- Partner with Accounting to identify & execute on key milestones as the company matures.
- 4 years of industry experience with budgeting/planning, financial modeling, & decision analytics (e.g., FP&A, corporate finance, investment banking, private equity).
- The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a background of strong financial acumen & applied knowledge of customer acquisition cost (CAC), payback period measurement, lifetime value (LTV), & all related concepts.
- Driven self-starter who enjoys rolling up her/his sleeves & building complex financial models in Excel or other planning applications.
- Comfort with an ever-changing environment & ability to quickly adapt on the fly.
- A knack for taking raw data, analyzing it, drawing conclusions, & developing actionable recommendations.
- Previous experience working in a startup/high-growth environment preferred.
- Experience with NetSuite & financial planning/business intelligence tools a plus.
- MBA a plus.
This position is a full-time exempt position. It is located on-site at our office in any of our office or remote. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
ABOUT BARK: Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.