About Rent the Runway:
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Stores at Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is pushing the boundaries of brick-and-mortar retail, offering a technology driven, customer-centric store experience designed to provide efficient & seamless service. Our stores are the ultimate extension of our closetless vision - serving as inventory closet & last mile fulfillment, pick up & drop off centers, styling studios, & event & community space. We have a growing footprint of 5 retail closets across key markets in the United States.
RTR stores are powered by seamless technology that enables us to provide white glove customer service - including self service fulfillment, an innovative fitting room experience, & QR code customer identification. While we are passionate about technology, the heart & soul of Rent the Runway is in our team. Our store teams are full of passionate, customer-centric individuals who are obsessed with providing the best possible experience for our customers. We believe that no issue is too big, & every customer interaction is an opportunity to help change the way women get dressed. From subscription swaps to styling sessions, our retail team is the front line of our brand & we are excited to be building this team with entrepreneurial, dynamic talent that believes in our vision for retail.
Rent the Runway is looking for Store Experience Associates to join the growing team at our Flagship Store location in NYC. As a Store Experience Associate, you will be the face of the RTR brand, embodying our mission to empower women to feel amazing. You will support our customers through every phase of the RTR journey with a focus on servicing our subscribers & supporting all of their in-store needs. You will evangelize the brand to first time renters & build relationships with loyal subscribers who have come to rely on RTR as a utility in their life. As a Store Experience Associate, you will be trained on all aspects of the RTR brand as well as critical technology & tools & will have the opportunity to be exposed to various aspects of the business prior to selecting a speciality (i.e. style + fit, merchandising, customer experience).
The Day to Day:
- Become an expert in all in-store services: Greeting customers, order swaps, pick up & drop off, inventory questions, order issues, styling & appointments
- Develop a keen understanding of the various customer scenarios that present in store, as well as how to provide incredible customer service in each situation
- Handle every customer interaction with empathy, optimism & confidence, creating a positive, energetic environment focused 100% on the customer experience
- Demonstrate expert knowledge on style & fit of RTR inventory, specifically regarding various body-types, silhouettes, designers, etc. providing highly personalized service for each customer
- Troubleshoot & resolve customer issues with the utmost care & respect with a YES attitude & customer first mentality
Consistently deliver personalized service while meeting quality & productivity goals
Share customer feedback & information with other team members & leaders in order to continuously improve & evolve the in-store experience
- Serve as a proud brand ambassador of Rent the Runway, constantly championing our mission to change the way women get dressed
- Customer-Centric - guiding our customers through the RTR journey while listening to their needs, & communicating effectively with empathy.
- Problem Solver- making quick & impactful decisions in a fast paced environment that leads to positive end results.
- Dedicated - committed to RTR vision & mission, & providing the best experience possible for our customer.
- Resilient honest & ethical in all interactions in & outside of the learning environment; uphold company values & policies; maintain the integrity of the content & delivery.
- College degree preferred
- 1+ years of experience working in service focused, high volume environment where customer service is paramount
- Technologically inclined & quick to learn various systems & tools
- Excellent verbal, written & listening skills
- Must be able to work while standing & walking & be able to lift approx 20 lbs
- Must be able to climb stairs in a multi level store
- Ability to work 40 hours per week -- can include days, evenings & weekends. This is a full time role.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need