Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
What Youll Do:
- Assist team with production of all e-commerce photo shoots; organize talent, photographers, stylists, craft services, call sheets & day-of coordination.
- Support day-to-day photo studio operations within the in-house studio including but not limited to cleanliness, maintenance & organization facilitate equipment repairs & maintaining studio supply levels.
- Update studio schedule & inform all studio stakeholders.
- Oversee timeline, shot list integrity, studio, crew, & talent needs allowing other creators
to focus on execution of content including the day of shoot, ensuring all necessary elements
are going according to plan.
- Work closely with a team of full-time producers, stylists, sample coordinators & freelance crew (models, photographers, stylists, hair & makeup).
- Assist with sourcing e-commerce talent, manage bookings of freelance photographers, stylists, & hair & make-up artists within tight budget constraints & constantly changing shoot schedules.
- Assist with updating talent database & daily productivity metrics.
- Assist with e-commerce production budget; financial tracking by invoicing, reconciling expenses, & tracking budget spends.
- Assist with castings for all photo shoots across the Rent the Runway brand.
- Assist Sample & Styling with coordination of racks of stock & samples within the studio to set.
- Maintain a positive work environment with high creative standards.
- Assist with ad hoc special projects as needed.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience (start-up and/or e-commerce environment experience a plus)
- Ability to work well independently but know when to escalate
- Ability to shift gears comfortably, be flexible with work schedule & be at ease managing various deliverable deadlines
- Exceptional organizational, time-management, & planning skills
- Demonstrated organizational & project management skills a must, with strong attention to detail & a knack for follow-through
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Must be proactive with strong initiative, able to anticipate needs & adapt to situations as they arise
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with proven experience building long-term, productive relationships with peers & candidates
- Proficient in Google Suite & Microsoft Excel
- Must be a team player with strong analytical, negotiation & communication skills
- A creative aptitude & appreciation with a strong grasp of the Rent the Runway brand
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with task/timeline management tools a plus