As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Manager, Product Benefitswill be a member of the Product team that is responsible for shaping the organization's product strategies as well as the development & rollout of Visa's product solutions in the Canadian marketplace. The team also works collaboratively with issuing & acquiring clients to support their product launches & innovations.
This position is based in Toronto & will report to the Director, Product Benefits. This individual will work as part of the team that leads the strategy, development, rollout, & ongoing management of Visa's card benefits & offers in support of its affluent suite of consumer, small business & commercial products. They will work primarily with the consumer credit, marketing, & the client account teams, but they will also collaborate with legal, finance, IT, & other functional areas in Canada. Outside of Visa Canada, the individual will interact regularly with Corporate Sourcing, Global Product, Visa IT, & with current & potential vendors that supply Visa benefits.
Manage Visa's suite of travel related product benefits in support of Visa's consumer, small business, & commercial products in Canada. This includes executing on the product benefit strategy, building & managing vendor relationships, & supporting product growth. Ideal candidate for the role should have experience in product management and/or travel & lifestyle benefits, & be adept at managing multiple stakeholders inside & outside of Visa, navigating a globally matrixed organization, building mutually beneficial relationships with vendors, dealing with technology, & protecting the firm's exposure to brand & reputational risk.
Essential Functions include:
- Manage & support the execution (as it relates to benefits) of card product strategy
- Overall vendor management including;
- Identifying partners with which to evolve Visa's benefit roadmap
- Maintaining strong relationships with suppliers
- Writing business & technical requirements & developing RFPs
- Negotiating win-win contracts with diplomacy
- Ensuring vendor compliance to all contractual terms, & corporate policies & industry legislations
- Provide subject matter expertise, insights, & recommendations on issues & opportunities affecting Visa's affluent benefit roadmap; includes staying abreast of, & reporting on, competitive trends related to product benefits & value propositions
- Forecasting & budgeting benefits usage, revenues, & costs
- Conducting analysis, pricing, business casing, concept / proposal development, & 3rd party negotiation that may be required to deliver new benefits
- Creating & managing exceptional Cardholder experiences & resolving vendor, cardholder & client escalations
- Engaging with external clients as required to execute the benefit strategy or track results
- Ensuring team adherence to corporate & industry legislative standards
- Develop other team members as required
TRAVEL REQUIREMENT : This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 10% of the time.
4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 8+ years of progressive experience at ideally a financial institution, payment network, consulting, technology, or travel & lifestyle benefits organization
- Demonstrated program/project management & strong negotiation skills
- Ability to write product requirements including detailed use cases
- Strong detail orientation, ensuring the highest level of quality & rigor throughout all internal & external stakeholder communications
- Experience in creating seamless customer experiences
- Self-motivated, intellectually curious, results-oriented, with the ability to progress multiple priorities concurrently
- Evidence of digital mindset & familiarity with digital deployments (APIs, SDKs, AI, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills & ability to work collaboratively
- Highly developed written skills to deliver concise emails & compelling presentations