ACV Auctions is the leading dealer-to-dealer, online automotive marketplace in the nation. We bring transparency to every transaction from start to finish, ensuring peace of mind & value for our customers. We do this with a combination of the industrys best technology & the worlds best people. As a result of our teams tireless effort & dedication, were growing at a staggering rate. ACV is attracting new people from widely different backgrounds & geographies who are invested in the genuine belief that we are creating something special.
Who we are looking for:
ACV Auctions is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Territory Sales Manager, who has a background in the automotive space, a passion for cars, & wants an opportunity to join a growing company. Our Territory Managers are the face of our company. They need to understand the dealership & wholesale car business. They are "road warriors" who have boundless energy & work tirelessly to build their territory & provide our clients with the best service. At ACV Auctions we pride ourselves on trust, transparency, & credibility, & our Territory Managers deliver this to our customers every day.
What you will do:
- Develop & execute a strategic plan to grow & build out new business in your territory.
- Service accounts in person & via phone, looking for incremental growth opportunities.
- Utilizes Salesforce on a daily basis for reporting & tracking purposes.
- Achieve or exceed established sales goals.
- Develop relationships with dealers & dealer groups & leverage these relationships to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Be very familiar with the competition & how to sell against it.
- Assess customers wholesale inventory needs & offer solutions to increase their business with ACV Auctions.
- Educate customers on the breadth of what our product can offer them & the services that will be made available to them.
- Forecast & report incoming business activity on a monthly & annual basis.
- Ensure both customers & prospects have a detailed understanding of our products through a consultative selling approach.
- Ensure current customer satisfaction by responding quickly & accurately to problems, concerns or needs.
- Help proactively market the company to customers & convey the advantages of our product.
- Accountable & aware of the financial activity within your book of business.
- Adapt to changes in a book of business, customer contacts, & internal structure/role changes.
- Day to day management of Vehicle Condition Inspectors & KPI's.
What you will need:
- A minimum of 5 years of dealership experience, on either the used or new car side of business required.
- Experience selling into dealerships & auction knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Ability to be on the road every day, traveling to both existing & prospect dealerships.
- Understanding of the retail/wholesale marketplace in an operational context to best position ACV Auctions.
- Excellent relationship building skills both in-person & over the phone.
- Understanding of the importance of building internal & external networks to increase personal effectiveness.
- An upbeat & positive demeanor.
- Ability to be self-motivated & able to work independently.
- Adapt quickly to shifting priorities & assists others in doing so.
- Experience using a CRM (preferably Salesforce) to maintain & plan sales pipeline.
- Ability to travel for meetings, training, etc..
What we offer:
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Upbeat, innovative culture
- Professional training opportunities
- Flexible schedules
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.