Who we are
What do Airbnb, Kind & Salesforce have in common? They use Culture Amp every day to make their workplaces better, along with over 2,500 other companies from around the globe, making up a community who stand together to improve the world of work.
With offices in Melbourne, San Francisco, New York, & London, Culture Amp isnt just for fast-growing startups - were for every organization that wants to put culture first. By making it easy to collect, understand, & act on employee feedback, we enable People teams to make better decisions, demonstrate impact, & turn company culture into a competitive edge.
Its what makes us the worlds leading people & culture platform.
The VP of People Science is an extremely rare opportunity to take a leadership role in the company at the forefront of applying modern psychology to create a better world of work. From Culture Amps very first hire (our Chief Scientist Dr. Jason McPherson) People Science has been at the core of everything we do. This role is an opportunity to take that commitment to the next level.
The VP of People Science (PS) will lead a global team of People Scientists, across 3 countries & 5 different fields of Psychology, who are thought leaders in the HR, engagement & performance space. This interdisciplinary team assists customers with survey question design, analyzing survey results, designing a science-backed approach to collecting performance management data, & establishing feedback strategies for our customers at the organization, group, & individual level. Their greatest skill is being able to understand our clients perspectives & context & provide actionable guidance around employee feedback & leadership communication strategies. A small & growing group of people scientists also work directly in our product group to ensure our platform is built with a people science perspective from the ground up. They love people & their passion lies in diving into data to uncover stories & provide insights, as well as imparting knowledge to up-skill customers. They are hungry & energetic, working with a close-knit customer team that takes users all the way from leads to champions. We believe in leveraging what makes people scientists unique in this market, expertise in understanding & predicting behavior at all organizational levels, to amplify our equally talented sales & customer success teams.
- You will primarily spend your time internally, leading & expanding the team, with only about 10% externally with clients
- Manage PS leaders in London, New York City, San Francisco & Melbourne. Lead & significantly grow a team of more than 20 diverse PS professionals
- Set strategic vision for how PS is best leveraged & optimized for Culture Amps success across Customer/Sales, Product/R&D & People/HR teams
- Provide the overarching vision for aligning our stances on behavioral science & product design in collaboration with Product building teams ("this is how we make users better people geeks & people geeks better users")
- Partner with Marketing to define areas for Culture Amp to lead the PS conversation
- Partner with Sales & Customer Success leaders to position staff as credible representatives of our scientific approach
- Active participant in strategic prospect & client relations
- Develop strategy & pricing for supplementary advising & analytics services
- Apply behavioral science / research to improve the design / implementation of the Culture Amp platform
What you (ideally) bring to the team
- PhD in Organizational Psychology, Behavioral Science, or a related field. Or Masters along with exceptional & relevant research experience as well as publication history
- Significant experience consulting to organizations & being a global leader within an organization. Enterprise-level client experience preferred
- Applied experience designing, implementing & analyzing surveys throughout the employee lifecycle (candidate, on-boarding, engagement, inclusion, exit) and/or 360-type feedback processes
- Applied experience designing and/or implementing performance management solutions
- Very comfortable with data; foundational knowledge of statistics & experience using statistical packages
- Experience leading globally distributed, strong, sophisticated leaders
A few highlights from Culture Amp