Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were building a better way to get home & our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, were making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, weve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees & days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank & others have invested over $85MM in Better & our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Through the combined efforts of recruiting, human resources, & office management, the People Operations team works to create & foster a positive & productive employee experience. We take ownership of everything from the smallest details - like keeping the right snacks in stock - to the largest projects, such as structuring performance management, to make sure that every member of the team feels supported, positively challenged, & able to thrive at Better. We have fun, love what we do, & care deeply about building a Better workplace.
We are looking for a People Operations Coordinator to help with daily human resources tasks in our NY office. In this role, you will report to our People Operations Administrator & work closely with our broader administration team on everything from new hire onboarding to reporting & employee engagement. Success in this role requires a high degree of organization, a detail-oriented mindset & the ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Recruiting team with onsite interview preparation
- Assisting with execution of standard operating procedures, such as updating various company rosters & systems, creating a great first day experience for new hires, & tracking new hire completion of first week tasks
- Updating & maintaining current onboarding processes to ensure new employees are set up for success
- Researching potential events to promote wellness & engagement for our employees
- Updating company organizational chart when needed
- Generating any standard reports & analytics upon request
- Completing ad hoc projects & general administrative duties for the People Ops team
- Comfortable working with a variety of people
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Capable of multitasking & managing competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelors degree required
- 1-2 years of HR/People Operations experience
- The desire to crush it!
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.