NewsCred, the worlds leading enterprise content marketing company, is on a mission to create software that transforms how marketing teams work.
NewsCred is a two-time Gartner-leader & a regular Great Place to Work. Every day, across our New York, London, & Dhaka offices, nearly 200 brilliant NewsCred employees commit their passion, time, & energy to shaping the future of an industry.
Our bread & butter is enterprise content marketing, & we are the best in the world at it, with exceptional retention rates over our 10+ year history. Our teams combine strategic expertise, award-winning licensed & original content, & comprehensive-but-intuitive software to help the worlds biggest multinational brands publish content that people actually want in this world filled with ad noise.
But we are not resting on our success. We believe that modern marketing organisations will have their own operating system, just as Engineering has Jira & Sales has Salesforce. This Marketing OS will centralise where campaigns get planned & marketing teams work together. There are many big companies competing to be the winner, but we think we have the lead because of our expertise in content & the robustness of our software.
We are looking for a Director of People. As the companys HR representative, you will be a member of the management team & a trusted partner to the employees. At NewsCred, we believe in leading compassionately with radical candor & transparency. As the companys lead cultural ambassador, you will align an employees professional development with the companys values as well as business goals. You will manage the People organisation, responsible for employee relations, employee development, benefits, compensation strategy, & talent acquisition. If you love building a people-centric culture, then you will thrive at NewsCred.
- Company Culture - Be the cultural ambassador of the company by executing on people-centric programs, team events, & company off-sites.
- Employee Development - Lead the effort to develop our employees careers, responsible for driving performance review cycles, conducting employee engagement surveys, & defining professional growth programs. Support employees across the company.
- Employee Relations - Partner with managers, handle employee inquiries & coordinate cross-functional relationships. Lead employee onboarding/off-boarding.
- Team Productivity - Develop & roll out initiatives to improve overall teamwork & productivity.
- Compensation - Develop compensation structures & incentive plans that align with the companys business goals
- Benefits - Be an expert resource for internal benefits/perk questions. Partner with our third-party benefit broker to ensure our employee benefits & programs are best in class
- Talent Acquisition - Lead a team of internal recruiters and/or outside search partners to recruit top talent
- HR Best Practices - Stay on top of federal, state, & local laws, advising leadership on best practices. Partner with Legal teams on immigration matters. Be responsible for annual filings (ACA, EEO, etc.)
- Payroll - Work with Controller & Payroll Administrator to process semi-monthly payroll for U.S. & UK teams
- HR Systems - Oversee our HRIS system (Namely); ad-hoc reporting, analysis of data, data entry of status changes, new hires & terminations in Namely
- 5+ years of experience in HR
- Experience working in small & growing companies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-growth, & dynamic team environment
- Ability to handle employees questions or requests in a confidential manner
- Strong client focus
- Analytical & critical thinking is a must
- Strong technical abilities in G-suite & Microsoft Office systems
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- BA/BS required
Why Youll Love Working Here
- Our culture is the most important thing we offer: a place to do your best work & a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth space. Learn more in our How We Work document
- All-hands Demo Days on Wednesdays; catered lunches on Fridays
- A full suite of benefits, including medical, vision, dental, 401k match, & generous parental leave
- Best-in-class compensation plans, as well as company equity everyone has a stake in our growth
- A light but frequent agile performance review process, to encourage ongoing transparency between managers & direct reports
- Unlimited vacation days
- Partnership with a Concierge Health Care service, allowing you to book same-day appointments & get 24/7 medical advice
- Student loan repayment program, enabling you to potentially pay down thousands in your loan
NewsCred is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, promoting & hiring a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity is an essential part of a healthy workplace & that inclusivity means more than just good intentions.
Please, no third-party resumes for this role. Candidates submitted by agencies will not be reviewed.