Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the world of paper credit card applications & hidden interest rates by providing leading point-of-sale financing options for merchants across the e-commerce journey. We build tools, technologies & APIs that allow merchants to integrate an installment loan financing & checkout experience anywhere in their customers shopping journey. Bread was started in 2015 by financial technology veterans & has experienced explosive growth to date. Were backed by top investors including Menlo Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kinnevik, among others.
The legal function at Bread interacts with every aspect of our consumer finance technology business & is critical to our long-term strategy.
The Legal Analyst will be a critical member of the Legal team & involved in driving important projects in a fast-paced environment. A successful candidate will be an effective project manager, exhibit a keen attention to detail, strong business acumen & the ability to work both efficiently & effectively.
What you will do:
- Manage diligence processes with our strategic partners & investors
- Work closely with Legal & Compliance on managing our company-wide policies & procedures
- Work closely across our product, sales, credit, finance, engineering departments to manage important initiatives which have a legal component
- Help review & negotiate certain agreements (non-disclosure agreements, vendor contracts)
- Initiate & drive processes within the Legal & Compliance team to maximize efficiency
- Stay up to date on latest legal trends in the banking & online lending space
- Stellar academic credentials from a top school
- 1-3 years of work experience (ideally, at a law firm or in-house legal department)
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- The desire & ability to learn & adapt quickly
- While an interest in law is certainly helpful, it is not necessary!