JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the worlds one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco & backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments & Tao Invest, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the worlds largest & oldest industries.
Were an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG & biotech, & were growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. Were actively looking to hire the worlds best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service & business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build scalable data pipelines for JUULs central data platform. Partner with business to validate data models & analytics capabilities.
- Evaluate new technologies for continuous improvements in software development
- Help guide Data Scientists, Data Engineers, & Business Stakeholders on best engineering practices
- Develop tools & processes to increase efficiency & mitigate risks in our data infrastructure
- Implement controls, & policies in the Data Engineering space.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4+ years of software engineering experience with focus on data analytics
- Proficiency in Python, Bash, SQL & one other programming language (e.g. Java, C++, Scala)
- Experience reviewing, committing, debugging, & refactoring production code
- Experience with production grade relational (e.g. MySQL), non-relational (e.g. MongoDB), & big data (e.g. Cassandra) databases in both cloud (e.g. AWS, Google) & on-premise deployments
- Working knowledge of containers (e.g. Docker), orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes), scheduling (e.g. luigi, Airflow) tools, is preferred
- Exposure to Machine Learning frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow) is preferred
- Desire to develop new tools & frameworks
- Passionate about data & software engineering
- Able to work collaboratively in an agile environment
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent experience
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. Well help you set big goals - & exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed & supportive teammates
- Equity & performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks & drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits & discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental & vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco, one of the worlds greatest cities
JUUL Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer & is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive work environment for all employees & job applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. JUUL Labs also complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration & Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for JUUL Labs in the US.
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles